PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Notification of EOT and content dripping?

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Notification of EOT and content dripping?

Postby cassel » July 15th, 2011, 8:24 am

This is only a wild idea and i wonder if this can be a workaround the fact that s2Member does not offer a notification to the members that their membership is about to expire.

I can imagine that i have a product that gives access for 3 months to certain content. After 2 months and 2 weeks, one chunk of text can appear on the special access page saying "This is a reminder that your membership will expire in 2 weeks", and then, another one, one week later displaying "This is a reminder that your membership will expire in 1 week", and finally one saying "This is a reminder that your membership will expire tomorrow. If you want to keep access to this page/content/etc. please click here (and that would be another button)". Would that work?

Now, with the conditionals and the dripping content, would it be possible that this would trigger sending an automatic email, a bit like the Thank you email sent by WP? and it could be timed, again, 2 weeks before expiry, and one week and one day, etc.?

(disclaimer: i am NOT a coder, just a dreamer)
cassel
Experienced User
Experienced User

Re: Notification of EOT and content dripping?

Postby Cristián Lávaque » July 16th, 2011, 3:09 am

If the user has an EOT time set in his profile, then you could check the current time against it and mail() or wp_mail() at those times left. This works if you're selling buy-now time periods, not subscriptions, because subscriptions don't set an EOT time until stopped.

If you need to work with subscriptions, you could probably create a custom script that gets fired up with an s2Member Notification, updating the EOT time. WP Admin -> s2Member -> API / Notifications
Cristián Lávaque http://s2member.net
Is s2Member working for you? Please rate it Image at WordPress.org. Thanks! :)
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Postby cassel » July 16th, 2011, 9:10 am

That's what i was thinking. For recurring subscription, i would imagine it is not necessary to inform them of the automatic renewal but if i set, for example, a "buy now for 6 months access", then it would probably be logical to inform them that their access is about to expire and offer them a renewal option.

I will look into that however if anyone has details on how this can be done (i can copy and paste easily! hehehe), i am sure it will be used by others!
cassel
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby Cristián Lávaque » July 16th, 2011, 10:18 pm

Here's how you get the user's EOT time:

Code: Select all
$eot_time = get_user_field('s2member_auto_eot_time', $user_id); 
Cristián Lávaque http://s2member.net
Is s2Member working for you? Please rate it Image at WordPress.org. Thanks! :)
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Postby cassel » July 16th, 2011, 10:36 pm

Thanks. Now to figure out what to do with it! LOL
cassel
Experienced User
Experienced User

Return to s2Member Plugin