PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Fixed end of time (EOT)

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Re: Fixed end of time (EOT)

Postby Cristián Lávaque » September 2nd, 2011, 11:41 pm

Ah, got it. I'll let Jason answer that, then. :)
Cristián Lávaque http://s2member.net
Is s2Member working for you? Please rate it Image at WordPress.org. Thanks! :)
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Postby man-O-media » September 6th, 2011, 10:59 pm

So kind of a bump :)

I have been messing with
Code: Select all
update_user_option (S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_ID, "s2member_auto_eot_time", $expire_on);
and setting the eot seems to work OK.

What I am trying to confirm is which action(s) are triggered by PayPal returning a sucessful payment and what the rest are for...

In a perfect world, I will create a button for a one time buy now payment for a year term.
The person will click that and pay their $$ through PayPal and then, PayPal will report back to S2 that the 1 year payment was completed.
When that happens, my code is triggered to set that specific end date instead of the "1 year" associated with the button.

As noted previously, I presume that
"ws_plugin__s2member_during_configure_user_registration_front_side
is essentially the same as
ws_plugin__s2member_during_configure_user_registration
but what does "front_side" mean?.

ws_plugin__s2member_during_paypal_notify_during_subscr_signup_w_update_vars
does not seem relevant to my need but I am not sure.

And I presume
ws_plugin__s2member_during_paypal_notify_during_subscr_modify
is triggered when an existing paid subscription is active and it is somehow modified so I dont think I need it.

So bottom line, it does not look to me that any of these are appropriate for my needs. Which action(s) do I need in my scenario?

Many thanks, DP
man-O-media
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby gemini6887 » November 24th, 2011, 2:03 am

I am having an issue which I believe is similar. I have a membership site that requires a 3 month recurring membership so I need the EOT to end at the 3 month mark. Unfortunately, s2 members doesn't offer that as a paypal option. I only have the option to continuously bill my customers even after the 3 month membership has ended. I have checked other forums and they explain how to create this button through paypal and integrate it with s2 member but it doesn't work properly.... :? customers don't receive their login details when I have to go through paypals buttons.

What do you suggest? Does s2 member pro offer this option?

Please help! This has been the only big problem with s2 member and I won't be able to continue to run my site with s2 members plugin unless I figure this out. Thanks for your help! :D
gemini6887

Postby Jason Caldwell » November 24th, 2011, 10:05 pm

man-O-media wrote:So kind of a bump :)

I have been messing with
update_user_option (S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_ID, "s2member_auto_eot_time", $expire_on);
and setting the eot seems to work OK.

What I am trying to confirm is which action(s) are triggered by PayPal returning a sucessful payment and what the rest are for...
Setting the EOT Time yourself, forces s2Member to follow your EOT Time, regardless of what happens in the future. Payment notifications from PayPal will not change this.

However, there do exist two potentials exceptions to that rule. If you configure your s2Member EOT Behavior to force an immediate EOT upon a refund and/or chargeback reversal, s2Member will ignore your EOT Time, and immediately EOT the User in these two specific cases ( i.e. refunds/chargebacks ), but only if you configure your EOT Behavior in this way. For further details, check your Dashboard under: s2Member -> PayPal Options -> EOT Behavior.

In a perfect world, I will create a button for a one time buy now payment for a year term.
The person will click that and pay their $$ through PayPal and then, PayPal will report back to S2 that the 1 year payment was completed.
When that happens, my code is triggered to set that specific end date instead of the "1 year" associated with the button.
This is all correct. Your code should work as expected in this scenario.

As noted previously, I presume that
"ws_plugin__s2member_during_configure_user_registration_front_side
is essentially the same as
ws_plugin__s2member_during_configure_user_registration
but what does "front_side" mean?.
Front side indicates it's a User registering themselves on the front-side of your site, as opposed to *any* registration that occurs, which could perhaps be initiated on the back-side of a site, by a site administrator. You'll want to use the front_side variation.

ws_plugin__s2member_during_paypal_notify_during_subscr_signup_w_update_vars
does not seem relevant to my need but I am not sure.

And I presume
ws_plugin__s2member_during_paypal_notify_during_subscr_modify
is triggered when an existing paid subscription is active and it is somehow modified so I dont think I need it.

So bottom line, it does not look to me that any of these are appropriate for my needs. Which action(s) do I need in my scenario?
Use this one please:
ws_plugin__s2member_during_configure_user_registration_front_side
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby Jason Caldwell » November 24th, 2011, 10:11 pm

gemini6887 wrote:I am having an issue which I believe is similar. I have a membership site that requires a 3 month recurring membership so I need the EOT to end at the 3 month mark. Unfortunately, s2 members doesn't offer that as a paypal option. I only have the option to continuously bill my customers even after the 3 month membership has ended. I have checked other forums and they explain how to create this button through paypal and integrate it with s2 member but it doesn't work properly.... :? customers don't receive their login details when I have to go through paypals buttons.

What do you suggest? Does s2 member pro offer this option?

Please help! This has been the only big problem with s2 member and I won't be able to continue to run my site with s2 members plugin unless I figure this out. Thanks for your help! :D

Actually, this is possible, even in the free version of s2Member; though it's not built into the basic UI panel for buttons, it is possible with a Shortcode Attribute. Please take a look in your Dashboard, under: PayPal Buttons -> Shortcode Attributes ( Explained ).

To answer your other question... yes, this is also possible in s2Member Pro.

( click to enlarge )
SNAG-0136.png
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Previous

Return to s2Member Plugin