PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Email Notification of EOT

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Re: Email Notification of EOT

Postby JustinRS83 » August 20th, 2011, 8:07 pm

I just want to second that this functionality would be huge for me as well.

I'm putting together a site for a client using the pro version and am a little surprised that EOT notifications/process aren't all that fleshed out in this way. My client is specifically wanting a separate process for renewal compared to original subscription including a separate renewal form. I get that this is going way above and beyond but even EOT customizable emails would be very helpful.
JustinRS83

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 21st, 2011, 12:15 am

Thanks for the vote.
This feature is currently in development. It's going to take a few more days though, because there are technical challenges involved with various Payment Gateway integrations for s2Member, and we need to be sure what we implement will allow s2Member room to grow in this regard also.

Thanks for your patience. We appreciate it!
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby mvorman » August 26th, 2011, 2:26 pm

Yet another +1 for this. Cristian linked this thread to me and it's pretty much exactly what I need. The client for asking for a whole lot of things to happen at EOT-45, EOT-15 and EOT-5.
mvorman

Postby colewebdev » August 28th, 2011, 6:52 am

For what it's worth, I posted a job requesting this exact feature (I couldn't wait), and had a freelance developer create a plugin that accomplishes my needs. So far so good. If anyone needs a referral let me know.

Also, for any web people needing dev support I got good responses overall at jobs.wordpress.net which had information posted here; viewtopic.php?t=4158
colewebdev

Postby sonora » October 7th, 2011, 1:56 am

Is this feature included in a recent update? Thanks!
sonora

Postby Cristián Lávaque » October 7th, 2011, 3:30 am

Thanks for the feedback, Cole. :)

Sonora, no, not yet.
Cristián Lávaque http://s2member.net
Is s2Member working for you? Please rate it Image at WordPress.org. Thanks! :)
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Postby sijo55 » October 23rd, 2011, 6:29 am

I have found a way to do this. Still need to find a way not sending the message more than once.
I use http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/shortcode-exec-php/ and this code:

Code: Select all
$mailto = S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_EMAIL;
$subject = 'Your subscription runs out soon';
$message1 = 'Hi ' . S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_FIRST_NAME . "\r\n" . 'Your subscription to My Site runs out tomorrow.'. "\r\n" . 'You need to update your subscription if you still want to read all the news.'. "\r\n\r\n" . 'Regards'. "\r\n" . 'My Site';
$message4 = 'Hi ' . S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_FIRST_NAME . "\r\n" . 'Your subscription to My Site runs out in 4 days.'. "\r\n" . 'You need to update your subscription if you still want to read all the news.'. "\r\n\r\n" . 'Regards'. "\r\n" . 'My Site';
if ($days = get_user_option('s2member_auto_eot_time')){   
$days = ceil(($days - time()) / 86400);   
if ($days == 1)       
wp_mail($mailto, $subject, $message1);   
elseif ($days == 4)       
wp_mail($mailto, $subject, $message4);   
}

I would be happy if someone could help me with code to send message only once.
----------
Regards
sijo
(WP 3.3.1 - ANP 2.1.6 - S2M Pro 111220)
My site
sijo55

Postby karlwithak23 » October 25th, 2011, 2:59 pm

Hi Sijo,

That looks great as a foundation...I'm curious as to how you implemented it though. Did you point the Cancellation Notification (under API / Notifications) to a Wordpress page with this PHP code inside of it? If so, I assume that when there's a Cancellation notification, it's sent to this Wordpress page, and then the mail is sent out... would the URL then include the variables in the notification? How would one do that?

My client wants to send out an email on a subscriber cancellation - would be nice if there was an easier way to do this (as easy as the Signup Confirmation). Any word on whether this will be in the next version, Jason?

Thanks!
Karl
karlwithak23

Postby karlwithak23 » October 25th, 2011, 3:35 pm

Hmm... Think I figured it out. Reviewing the API Tracking/Notifications video now and integrating it with a custom mail script. Seems to be pretty straightforward! Thanks Jason for showing your example script in the video - it's very helpful!
karlwithak23

Postby Jason Caldwell » October 25th, 2011, 3:53 pm

Video
Awesome work. You're VERY welcome.
~ Thank you VERY much for reporting back.

For the benefit of other readers, video tutorials for s2Member are here:
http://www.s2member.com/videos/

You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby Lunarhorse » October 25th, 2011, 6:00 pm

Would it be possible to include this into the next update?
Lunarhorse

Postby Jason Caldwell » October 25th, 2011, 6:05 pm

Thanks. Absolutely. We really appreciate the feedback.
Lunarhorse wrote:Would it be possible to include this into the next update?
This is currently top on our TODO list, please see: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15597#p48792

Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby Lunarhorse » October 26th, 2011, 10:51 am

Thank you Jason!
Lunarhorse

Postby foliovision » December 12th, 2011, 10:53 am

Hello Jason,

any idea when could the Email Notification of EOT be added to s2Member?

Thanks,
Martin
foliovision
Customer
Customer

Postby sonora » December 12th, 2011, 12:10 pm

Also still waiting on this :-( Based on our communication a few months ago, I told my client it should be ready by end of year. Any news?

Thanks!
sonora

Postby sijo55 » January 2nd, 2012, 3:23 am

Hi..

I did find a plugin called EOT Warning and I'm trying it now.
I can't get it to work, maybe I'm doing something wrong?
Could someone that is familiar with php have a look at it and tell me if the code looks ok and should work?

You find the plugin here https://github.com/Kelsin/s2member_eot_warning
----------
Regards
sijo
My site
sijo55

Postby foliovision » January 2nd, 2012, 7:53 am

Hi sijo55,

I had a look at the code - it only creates the options screen, but there is nothing to actually execute the email delivery. Readme.txt file says that it creates a WP cron job for this, but it doesn't. It's not finished.

Thanks,
Martin
foliovision
Customer
Customer

Postby sijo55 » January 2nd, 2012, 8:15 am

Ok, thanks!
----------
Regards
sijo
My site
sijo55

Postby cassel » January 2nd, 2012, 8:48 am

In the mean time, there is a way around it if you use MailChimp (it might work with other emails). You can use the autoresponder and get an email sent (or more than one) X number of days/weeks before the specific date it is set to end. It will automatically take on the registration date so if you use that, it is automatic. However, if you need another date (like registering for a second membership or such), thn you have to add a date field for that and enter the date manually. For a small list it is manageable. For a huge one... well, i wish i had that problem :)
cassel
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby MikeL » January 6th, 2012, 10:27 am

Is email notification of EOT still going to be incorporated into S2 member or is this plugin the only option?
MikeL

When is email EOT going to be finally implemented?

Postby foliovision » January 6th, 2012, 10:45 am

Hi Jason,

We've invested in your plugin, we've helped you debug it. We've been talking about email notification of EOT since August of last year.

It's still not properly implemented. You told us that EOT notifications are at the top of your priority for S2.

So why is this not fixed six months later? Your failure to live up to your promises with EOT notifications is has caused us major problems with a very good client whom we put into S2.

Are end of lifing S2? Is this abandonware? What is the deal?

Making the web work for you,
Alec Kinnear
Creative Director
Foliovision
foliovision
Customer
Customer

Postby Jason Caldwell » January 9th, 2012, 5:05 am

Thanks for the heads up on this thread!

I understand your frustration about the time frame. My earlier post in this thread is now a bit outdated. Not too long after I posted this, we had another team meeting, and some new ideas came into focus, with respect to s2Member. A decision was made several months ago to first improve s2Member at a deeper fundamental level so that features like this could become possible, along with MANY other exciting new ideas. I can't go into all of the details yet, but please know that we ARE working very hard to present the next major release of s2Member Pro.

The time frame for release has been extended to allow for some deeper structural enhancements before we introduce EOT reminders/notifications, along with MANY other new features.

As you can imagine, we MUST be very careful (also from a support perspective) before features like this are released into the wild. Particularly when we are dealing with far reaching impacts of new features and structural changes in the software. I can assure you that further improvements to s2Member are coming though. We have an informal release date set in late March 2012 for the next major release of s2Member Pro. Thanks for your patience. We do appreciate everyone's support for s2Member, that's why we're taking the time that's required to make new things possible, and stable!

Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby Jason Caldwell » January 9th, 2012, 5:09 am

FYI: Keep an eye on s2Member.com over the next couple weeks. We are launching a new website for s2Member® very soon, which will include some additional information that you might find interesting.

Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Broken Promises on EOT

Postby foliovision » January 11th, 2012, 1:09 am

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply.

But to be honest, I'm not in the least interested in your plans to refactor your code. I'm interested in having the promised features at the promised time.

I really don't like this attitude, concerning code refactoring. This is not a developer beauty contest. We liked the code well enough when we signed up  after you promised to deliver the necessary feature in a reasonable time frame.

We are breaking promises to our client because you are breaking your promises. I don't like to do that.

Would you like to pay us to code it?

What do we have to do to get some kind of reasonable handling of EOS? EOS is a BASIC professional feature.

Alec Kinnear
Creative Director, Foliovision

PS. Your forum software signs us out every time we come to the site. It signs us out on quick reply. It's broken in short. Really for a membership software author, your forum software should be more member friendly.

foliovision
Customer
Customer

Postby camillemm » January 11th, 2012, 3:23 am

Well, I do not agree with you: first, I have no problem with signing out with Firefox...
I don't understand your point of view: buying a product is based on the quality of the product at the moment you buy it. When you paid for S2member, there was no EOT mailing option. If you needed one, you should have bought something different. You cannot buy a product on the base of future developement features ! What will happen is the main developper has health problems ? It's a little team, it's not Apple or Google or Microsoft ! I don't think you will buy a Microsoft product based on eventual future development or a car for the same reason...
camillemm

PreviousNext

Return to s2Member Plugin