PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Email Notification of EOT

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Keeping promises

Postby foliovision » January 11th, 2012, 10:47 am

Hi Jason,

We are a contributor. We bought your top license exactly on the basis that you promised us this feature which is essential for our client's membership site.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time. I just want you to fulfill your promises to us. We've tried to fulfill our promises to you (help with debugging code, reporting bugs, giving you money for development).

Making the web work for you,

Alec Kinnear
Creative Director, Foliovision
foliovision
Customer
Customer

Re: Email Notification of EOT

Postby PseudoNyhm » January 11th, 2012, 11:59 am

I'm not here to stoke a flame war, but I agree with camillemm above. In my opinion as a software developer, s2Member is a remarkably well-managed software application. The world needs more of Jason's style of software development, and less feature-push.

By the way, these forums are phpBB, and works fine for me. I think I'd rather Jason spend his time focusing on s2Member than tinkering with these forums.
PseudoNyhm
Experienced User
Experienced User

Broken Promises on EOT

Postby foliovision » January 11th, 2012, 3:18 pm

Hi PseudoNyhm,

If you do want to interject it would be nice if you'd sign your posts.

I don't like that I'm constantly logged out from the forum when I try to post. I like even less that I have to come and post so often to get a core feature added.

I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm sure Jason has, that I'm not shopping a twenty feature demand list. It's a single promised
feature: EOT notifications via email,.

It would be nice if Jason would keep his promises. Until he does, I cannot agree that S2 is a remarkably well-managed software application.

Our investment in S2 has been highly disruptive to ourselves and to our client on account of this broken promise.

I'd like to see Jason keep his promise to us and the community sooner rather than later as he's six months overdue already. Refactoring code for six months will not solve our client's issues.

Alec Kinnear
Creative Director, Foliovision
foliovision
Customer
Customer

Previous

Return to s2Member Plugin