PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Quick Cache - Logged In Users option

Quick Cache Plugin. Speeds up WordPress®.

Quick Cache - Logged In Users option

Postby oneeyed » March 24th, 2011, 6:19 pm

I don't know if anyone has experienced this issue - I searched the forums and didn't find it so...

We have a Wordpress site hosted at Godaddy and, in an effort to speed up the site load time I tried a few Caching options, finally settling on Quick Cache.

It really helped speed up the site for visitors but when we were in the wp-admin section it would sometimes be Painfully slow - clicking on a link could take from 30 seconds to a minute or more to load. I went into the Quick Cache config and thought I'd try setting the Logged In Users to False (Always Cache) and that seemed to help a little bit.

Today a friend called me and said they went to a post that I had worked on and it appeared as though they were logged in as me and the admin bar was showing for her. She was able to log in to wp-admin as me even though I've never logged in from her computer before and she doesn't have my login information. I then tried it on a computer that I've never used to access the site before and the same thing happened.

I changed the Logged In Users back to True (don't cache), refreshed the page and the admin bar went away.

I re-read the description to see if I missed something but don't think it really explains that setting this to False (always cache) will allow others browsing the site to have access to your logged in profile when they visit a page you have worked on.

Don't Cache Pages For Logged In Users?

It is best to leave this set to True at all times. Most visitors are NOT logged in, so this does not hurt performance at all :-) Also, this setting includes some users who AREN'T actually logged into the system, but who HAVE authored comments recently. This way comment authors will be able to see updates to the spool immediately. In other words, Quick Cache thinks of a comment author as a logged in user, even though technically they are not.

Anyway, I hope that this is just me reading this option wrong and that I'm the only one who had this happen to them. If not then maybe the authors could clarify that possibility a bit more in the description.

Thanks

P.S. This is the only setting I've changed for Quick Cache, all others are at their default setting.
oneeyed

Return to Quick Cache Plugin