PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

CCBill & Other Questions

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

CCBill & Other Questions

Postby ChuckNorris » August 28th, 2011, 1:18 am

Hey guys -

First - AWESOME feature updates to Pro. I've tried MagicMembers, WishList Member, Amember Pro, MemberwingX and hands down S2Member is the best... The UI is extremely friendly, super easy to set up - just all around a really well designed system. Bravo!

Anyways, here are my questions:

1) When I processed with PayPal many of my customers paid via online check. I'm now using CCBill with s2member pro and there is no option to utilize their phone payment or check payment systems. I have another site using Amember's plugin and about 1/5th of my customers pay via online check so I feel this is important to have. What do I have to do to see check payments integrated with s2member? Would be perfect to have a "Pay by check" and "Pay be telephone" links under my main join button.

2) I know this can be done by just swapping out the images in the s2member files but it's really frustrating having such a feature rich plugin then being stuck with the stock join buttons. It'd be nice to have an upload form for our own specific buy buttons that we want. I'd love to split test...

3) I'd also like to split test between having a join page with a join button, to redirecting customers directly to the payment page. Seems like having s2member code button prevents this and again, it's a little frustrating being limited to stock buttons...

Thoughts?
ChuckNorris

Re: CCBill & Other Questions

Postby Cristián Lávaque » August 28th, 2011, 3:01 am

Thank you for the kudos! Very appreciated. Yes, Jason has created a wonderful plugin. :)

About the split testing, you can do it. It's not something s2Member has an interface for, but it doesn't impede it. You can use variables in the shortcodes, so you can change things around dynamically with PHP for your tests. viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1604

You can also change the button's image using the image attribute. WP Admin -> s2Member -> ccBill Buttons -> Shortcode Attributes -> image

About taking check or phone payments with ccBill I'll let Jason answer that.
Cristián Lávaque http://s2member.net
Is s2Member working for you? Please rate it Image at WordPress.org. Thanks! :)
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Postby ChuckNorris » August 30th, 2011, 7:10 am

Thank you for the response!

I will wait for Jason to answer the check/phone payments question.

Something like this would be wonderful:
http://www.imagebam.com/image/b44a17147300896
(Note the pay by check/phone links at the bottom giving them the option)
ChuckNorris

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 30th, 2011, 1:38 pm

Thanks for the KUDOS, much appreciated!

Yes, the image can be changed using the image="" attribute in your Shortcode.
Code: Select all
[s2Member-Pro-ccBill-Button ... image="http://example.com/my-image.png" ... /]
( this Shortcode has been abbreviated for clarity in this context )

Sorry, s2Member's integration with ccBill is for credit card processing only, at this time ( i.e. s2Member Pro v110815 ). However, we are working to extend s2Member's integration to support multiple forms at ccBill, including those which may support telephone and/or online check transactions.

Until this is integrated specifically with s2Member, you can still accept telephone and/or check transactions, but you'll need to process those transactions manually. For instance, you might setup a separate sub-account in your ccBill Client account, and setup your own Approval/Denial URLs to deal with these types of transactions. As these transactions come in, you can create User accounts manually inside your WP Dashboard and have WordPress/s2Member send the Customer an email with their Username/Password.

I'm marking this thread so you'll be updated once s2Member Pro is integrated with these additional services. Thanks in advance for your patience in this regard.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby nikki » September 5th, 2011, 11:33 pm

I'm new to the forum and can't figure out how to start my own thread. I'm using ccBill and for some reason it's not automatically giving my subscribers their access after they've paid. I've searched a bit and can't see this question answered anywhere else... Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Nikki
nikki

Postby ChuckNorris » September 6th, 2011, 10:00 am

nikki wrote:I'm new to the forum and can't figure out how to start my own thread. I'm using ccBill and for some reason it's not automatically giving my subscribers their access after they've paid. I've searched a bit and can't see this question answered anywhere else... Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Nikki

I'd go through all of your settings again and verify they're all correct and you have everything input correctly. Salt key, IPN, approval urls, etc etc.

There's a "New Topic" button at the top of the forum's page you can click to make your own thread.
ChuckNorris

Postby truelux » October 15th, 2011, 8:54 am

I am thinking about purchasing s2Member Pro specifically for its CCBill integration! Hopefully the pay by phone and check options are updated soon :)
truelux

Return to s2Member Plugin