PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

login/?action=register says registration has been disabled

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

login/?action=register says registration has been disabled

Postby alvarezcyberx » October 5th, 2011, 2:12 pm

Hello Everyone,

I'm going crazy here, I've spent the last 2 days trying to figure this out. I have a multi site setup, with s2member installed and free registration enabled in both the network admin s2member options and the main site s2member options. However everytime I try to test the mysite.com/login/?action=register link, it takes me to a page saying "Greetings Site Administrator! You are currently allowing “none” registrations. To change or disable registration go to your Options page.
Registration has been disabled." You can see for yourself here http://smokenugen.com/login/?action=register

I have tried disabling several other plug ins. I have the security key setup in the s2member options. I tried updating to the very latest wordpress version, I uninstalled and reinstalled s2member, I disabled my cache plug in. Allow new user registration up until now was always set to disabled. I have the theme my login plugin, could that be causing conflicts? I am willing to bet there is some kind of conflict going on or some left over setting.

The only thing I can think of is, in the past I tried installing different plug ins and I think I installed some that had to do with user access, similar to membership type plugins, so perhaps there is some other plugin, or since deactivated / deleted plug in that has left it's settings in my code or in my database not allowing new user registration.

What's worse, when I try that link from one of my sites on the network it redirects me to the main site on the network as well. It redirecting to the main site should hopefully provide more clues as to what's going on. Regardless of the new user registration not working even when everything is set to enabled it shouldn't be redirecting me to my main network site. So for example http://www.fastsoupdiet.com/login/?action=register redirects me to http://www.smokenugen.com/login/?action=register which is my main site.

I have searched for hours on google, the wordpress forums and the forums here. I have read every possible related post I could find, but none seem to be the same problem I'm having.

Please somebody, HELP ME! I'm dead in the water until I can get this figured out. :o
alvarezcyberx

Re: login/?action=register says registration has been disabl

Postby Eduan » October 5th, 2011, 6:46 pm

Under WP Admin -> s2Member -> General Options -> Open Registration you have to set it to ON so that it allows people to register as level 0.

Hope this helps ;) .
Now officially accepting Professional s2Member installations along with Bruce C (a.k.a. Ace).

If you're interested in a Professional s2Member Installation, or a Custom Coding Job, you can send your request here.
Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby alvarezcyberx » October 5th, 2011, 7:24 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, however I had already set this open registration to on, as well as the open registration in the network admin settings. So this doesn't fix the problem.
alvarezcyberx

Postby Cristián Lávaque » October 6th, 2011, 3:32 am

Cristián Lávaque http://s2member.net
Is s2Member working for you? Please rate it Image at WordPress.org. Thanks! :)
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Postby alvarezcyberx » October 6th, 2011, 10:51 am

yes, those both work! Thanks Cristian.

But if s2member's built in registration page link is different than these links, can I simply just use the ones you gave me to try? and why do you think the ones you gave me work but the built in s2member link doesn't?
alvarezcyberx

Postby alvarezcyberx » October 6th, 2011, 11:00 am

Also, what does this all mean if/when I switch to not allowing free registrations and only will allow paying customers to register, will the registration process work, and how will it work?

I have to be sure of things before I dive in even further.
alvarezcyberx

Postby alvarezcyberx » October 6th, 2011, 5:04 pm

Perhaps this has something to do with it... I believe I had installed members (not wp-members), and in this plugin there is an option that says "Enable the role manager.

Your roles and capabilities will not revert back to their previous settings after deactivating or uninstalling this plugin, so use this feature wisely."

I re installed this plugin today, and that option was already checked. So, does anyone know if this might be the problem and if so, how I can undo the changes this option creates?
alvarezcyberx

Postby Cristián Lávaque » October 7th, 2011, 3:05 am

I'm not sure about that plugin. You can probably create another multisite installation with just s2Member and test there, then you'll know if another plugin had anything to do with your problem.

But if s2member's built in registration page link is different than these links, can I simply just use the ones you gave me to try?

The ones you posted earlier aren't s2Member's, that I'm aware of...

Actually, the registration page for the main site should be http://smokenugen.com/wp-signup.php

Try deactivating other plugins or a clean install to test.
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Postby alvarezcyberx » October 7th, 2011, 11:15 am

I removed those other plugins a while ago, but I think they left some changes to how wordpress works. I'm pretty certain a clean install would fix the problem, but the idea of reinstalling my 8 sites doesn't sound very good to me. Do you know of any easy ways to do a clean install and get all 8 sites installed how they were quickly? Perhaps some kind of export, but then wouldn't it also export the bad settings as well?
alvarezcyberx

Postby Cristián Lávaque » October 8th, 2011, 3:41 pm

I meant the clean install as a test, so the other blogs don't need all the details the real ones have. Just a quick thing to see if a clean installs has the registration working differently than what you have now.

Yeah, if you export the database you have now, it'll most probably carry the changes the other plugin did. You could, if you have s2Member Pro, export s2Member's options, but that won't export other things you would need to have a copy of your websites (posts, catgs, etc). :|
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Postby alvarezcyberx » October 9th, 2011, 5:01 pm

Ok, I made a brand new site network, with my first and only plugin being s2member. The problem is not there and I can register. HOWEVER, lol, I seem to have the same problem but opposite now. I enabled free user registration, and tested it, I then wanted to set it back to not allowed, and even though its set as not allowed it still allows free registration. I even went to the sites list, and the went to the area that shows like all the settings of each site, and user registration was indeed changed to 0, so it shouldn't be allowing registration, but it is.

You can try for yourself at http://www.unleashediphone.com/wp-login ... n=register

Why won't s2member's open registration settings change back and forth, is this function supposed to be working properly or what is going on?
alvarezcyberx

Postby Cristián Lávaque » October 11th, 2011, 12:18 pm

I get "User registration is currently not allowed." You're probably trying it while logged in to your admin account, which is why it's not giving you that message. Also, if you're doing registration for a network, you should instead use signup.php.

I hope that helps. :)
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Postby alvarezcyberx » October 11th, 2011, 3:28 pm

DOH! on my previous problem I was making sure to log out and try things in non admin mode, but this time it seems I forgot, thanks Cristian for all your help!
alvarezcyberx

Postby Cristián Lávaque » October 12th, 2011, 3:30 pm

You're welcome! Glad that solved it. :)
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin