PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Email Notification of EOT

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Email Notification of EOT

Postby totomobile » September 22nd, 2010, 1:37 pm

Hi there, our client is interested in having an email notification be sent out just before, or just after a member's account expires.

I was looking at the Notifications API, but it just has a URL with some variables you put in. I'm wondering if there is a built in way to send these emails, or if I have to create a separate php script that will do this and pass it these variables. Or maybe someone already has done this?

totomobile

Re: Email Notification of EOT

Postby zachd » October 4th, 2010, 1:48 pm

Hi, I just wanted to add my voice into this discussion as I have the exact same question. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
zachd

Postby alargeau » November 19th, 2010, 1:38 am

That's one thing I'd like to know too. Did you both get the answer?
alargeau
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby crushthenet » November 19th, 2010, 11:17 am

If you go to API/Notifications -> EOT/Deletion Notifications -> at the very bottom it says "Send An Email Transaction Log Of This Event?" and you can enter email addresses. Haven't tried it but it looks like it does what you're looking for.
crushthenet

Postby alargeau » November 19th, 2010, 1:19 pm

Hi,
I've tried it and it simply sends an email with some kind of info (logs) which is really not for the member. Plus it's not possible to customize it (which is useless of course because once again it's not for the member).
I don't get the EOT Notification function anyway because I don't see the point in adding URLs there.
alargeau
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby crushthenet » November 19th, 2010, 2:24 pm

I think the URL section is if you have another script that needs to know what's happening. So I guess you'd probably have to build a PHP program that gets notified of EOT (or other actions) and then sends an email however and to whomever you have configured in the PHP program.
crushthenet

Postby Lunarhorse » July 10th, 2011, 10:17 am

I, too, think that any member should be notified about the end of the paid period either to announce a paypal charge in case of renewing membership or to tell them to renew their membership in case of a non renewing membership. I˚d be happy to help funding the development of a plug in that does this job. Any coders here?

Best wishes
Heiner
Lunarhorse

Postby Jason Caldwell » July 11th, 2011, 9:55 pm

Lunarhorse wrote:I, too, think that any member should be notified about the end of the paid period either to announce a paypal charge in case of renewing membership or to tell them to renew their membership in case of a non renewing membership. I˚d be happy to help funding the development of a plug in that does this job. Any coders here?

Best wishes
Heiner

Duly noted. Thanks for the great suggestion/request. I'll see what we can do about this in a future release.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby chadjmyers » July 12th, 2011, 9:01 am

Jason, can you confirm that the ability to send "your membership is expiring in 30 days" emails is not possible?
chadjmyers

Postby Cristián Lávaque » July 12th, 2011, 2:12 pm

It is possible, just not there in s2Member. You could create a custom script that checks the EOT time for the accounts and if less than 30 days, email the user about it. A developer with WP experience should be able to help you achieve it if you can't wait for the feature to be added to s2Member. http://jobs.wordpress.net

I hope that helps. :)
Cristián Lávaque http://s2member.net
Is s2Member working for you? Please rate it Image at WordPress.org. Thanks! :)
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Postby PseudoNyhm » July 12th, 2011, 2:49 pm

I am interested in such a feature, as well.

Is this correct: When a user has a PayPal Standard subscription, EOT is not set. Therefore, no excess email would be triggered while they're subscribed. When they cancel, the EOT is set (and logic could send an email as appropriate).
PseudoNyhm
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby ZebEl » July 23rd, 2011, 2:20 pm

Just thought to add my voice in this regard.

Such triggering shoud accur multiple times 30, 15, 7, 3 days and also the last day before expiration if the member has not renewed the membership yet.
ZebEl

Postby cassel » July 25th, 2011, 5:26 am

If you want to go and set up a Buy Now for a set period with the member renewing (instead of a recurring payment) here was an option detailed by Cristian:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14130
cassel
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby Lunarhorse » July 25th, 2011, 5:40 am

Hi cassel,
this certainly is a clue. However as quite a few people want this feature it should be possible to bribe Jason and his team to implement this feature into S2member. The least I can offer is to buy the pro version. I can’t use the pro features as I don’t have access to Paypal pro but buying the pro version is the easiest way to pay some money for the software I use. If some others who want the feature, too do the same this might cover for the work involved. If it takes more I am willing to give more, what about others who want the feature implemented?
Lunarhorse

Postby cassel » July 25th, 2011, 7:20 am

I already got the Pro version and so far, i am only using the login widget out of all the features, and i do wish this EOT notification would be integrated soon. I think it is among the most powerful addition that could be done (in addition to the option for multiple simultaneous subscriptions/packages).
cassel
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby dskallman » July 26th, 2011, 3:59 pm

I thought this was part for s2member before? I swear I have setup renewal email templates.

+1 for this feature too.
dskallman

Postby Lunarhorse » July 26th, 2011, 4:06 pm

You can set up welcome e-mails, but not ye EOT e-mails.
Lunarhorse

Postby Jason Caldwell » July 27th, 2011, 3:04 pm

Thanks for the votes on this feature guys.
I'll see what we can do asap.

You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby dskallman » July 27th, 2011, 3:47 pm

Can beggars be choosers?

It would be cool to have the option to email a few times, like 30 days before EOT, then 2 weeks and then the week of a couple times. Not sure if it's even feasible, but thought I'd throw in the thought.

Thanks Jason, this is great to hear!
dskallman

Postby cassel » July 28th, 2011, 5:13 am

I dont know if it is easier or not, but maybe it can be integrated with MailChimp and aWeber since those two are already integrated for other email communication (disclaimer: i am NOT a programmer, just a dreamer)
cassel
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby colewebdev » July 29th, 2011, 11:45 am

I would also gladly welcome and vote for this new feature for my Pro installation. I would also be fine with donating to make it happen quickly as I'm moments away from having my own developer create an external system to accomplish the same.

Please PM or direct me to any resources that will aid in the progress of this new feature. Do you have an ETA for the next release?

Thanks for the great work!
colewebdev

Postby Cristián Lávaque » July 29th, 2011, 3:23 pm

Cool, all donations are welcome. And when put towards a feature, they definitely help making it happen sooner. http://www.primothemes.com/donate/ :)
Cristián Lávaque http://s2member.net
Is s2Member working for you? Please rate it Image at WordPress.org. Thanks! :)
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Postby sonora » August 2nd, 2011, 1:46 pm

+1 for EOT Notifications.

Jason -- I saw you mentioned in a few other threads that you would work on this, and I'm wondering if you can give us a possible timeline. I'm also willing to contribute (already have the pro version).

The site I'm implementing -- I'm importing the entire membership list, and setting the EOT manually to 1/1/2012. No one will have a recurring subscription.

We'll need to send out renewal notices perhaps 6 weeks before, and again 2 weeks before... and then when the EOT date passes. I have a developer on the line to hack a solution, but if it's likely to be built and released in the plugin in the next 2-3 months then I would rather wait and support the plugin.

What do you think? Is it a safe bet to wait? THANKS!
sonora

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 2nd, 2011, 10:59 pm

Thank you! I can't give an exact timeline right now, sorry. That being said, I'd suggest waiting if you have 2-3 months. Chances are high that it will be addressed during that time.

Or, if you'd like to expedite this feature, so that it's released in the next 10 business days, please contact me through this private contact form and I'll help you become a contributor for s2Member. http://www.s2member.com/contact/

Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby foliovision » August 4th, 2011, 2:33 am

Hello all,

we brought the Pro license hoping that this feature will work in it. So hopefully it will be added soon.

Thanks,
Martin
foliovision
Customer
Customer

Next

Return to s2Member Plugin