PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

How to change landing page after Paypal payment

Common Questions/Problems/Tips. Posted by Administrators & Support Reps.

Re: How to change landing page after Paypal payment

Postby Jason Caldwell » May 25th, 2011, 7:39 pm

Yes, that is correct. Express Checkout is designed specifically for PayPal. While it is possible for a Customer to pay you with a credit card through PayPal, it's not the ideal solution. It is best to have a PayPal Pro account, so that you can take full advantage of everything s2Member Pro Forms have to offer.

Sorry, no. s2Member Pro Forms require PayPal Pro, or can also be used with PayPal Express Checkout. But not without one of those. However, s2Member Pro does support Authorize.Net as well, and s2Member Pro includes the same Pro Form functionality for Authorize.net integration too.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby pwallin » May 25th, 2011, 7:59 pm

Well, I purchased S2member Pro only for the forms, with the understanding that I would not need Paypal Pro.

But now you tell me that these forms only work with Paypal Express Checkout, unless I use Paypal Pro..

Thus, S2memberPro really adds nothing to what I need. However, I don't begrudge the fee as a thank you for all your support.
pwallin

Postby Cristián Lávaque » May 25th, 2011, 10:13 pm

s2Member Pro really doesn't need PayPal Pro, I had not understood you didn't want to use Express Checkout, though. Why is that? Sorry if you said it earlier and I missed it. :|
Cristián Lávaque http://s2member.net
Is s2Member working for you? Please rate it Image at WordPress.org. Thanks! :)
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Postby archetypemkt » June 13th, 2011, 4:44 am

Well, I purchased S2member Pro only for the forms, with the understanding that I would not need Paypal Pro.

But now you tell me that these forms only work with Paypal Express Checkout, unless I use Paypal Pro..

It would be a great feature to NOT have to use PayPal Express Checkout. The only reason why I really need to use the Pro Form is for the "coupon" feature but I don't want to force a paypal account.

Does anyone else know a work around to get coupons to work? I have S2member pro, paypal standard +ERP.

Another issue that I am trying to figure out a work around is the custom installment plans to work within s2member. I have products that have variable amounts (1st installment, 2nd installment, final installment) and times (upon checkout, after 30 days, after 60 days, etc).
archetypemkt

Postby rainbowsurfer » June 13th, 2011, 6:48 am

The work round that I'm testing out for one off payments and seems to work is in the Pro Form code that you paste on a page is to take out the visa, mastercard etc names and just leave Paypal.

Preview the form and it just has PayPal checked and when you click the PayPal buy button it goes to the PayPal site with the option to use credit cards or PayPal.
rainbowsurfer

Postby archetypemkt » June 13th, 2011, 2:27 pm

I don't have PayPal Pro but I am using ERP so I do remove the other payment options but it seems that ProForms only allows checkout through Express Checkout.

The buttons works fine...just not the ProForms.

Do I have to use PayPal® Pro?
No. s2Member is very flexible. Even with the Pro Module installed, you don't have to use PayPal® Pro integration. Just don't generate any PayPal® Pro Forms. Instead, you could use Standard PayPal® Buttons, AliPay®, ClickBank®, ccBill®, Authorize.Net®, or Google® Checkout if you prefer ( you could even use them all together at the same time ). Alternatively, s2Member Pro can be integrated without a PayPal® Pro account, whereby the enhanced Form Shortcodes that it provides can be integrated ONLY with PayPal® Express Checkout. In other words, if you get declined for PayPal® Pro service, you can still use s2Member Pro Forms by following these instructions:
archetypemkt

Postby ifanatics » June 25th, 2011, 12:53 pm

I am having this EXACT same issue and am desperately seeking a fix. The Pro-Forms I paid for are no good if they force people to checkout using a paypal account.
ifanatics

Postby Cristián Lávaque » June 25th, 2011, 7:56 pm

archetypemkt wrote:I don't have PayPal Pro but I am using ERP so I do remove the other payment options but it seems that ProForms only allows checkout through Express Checkout.

The buttons works fine...just not the ProForms.

How does it not work? Could you explain in more detail what happens when you try to checkout with a pro-form?
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Postby ifanatics » June 25th, 2011, 8:12 pm

Cristian,

The pro-forms do not allow the customer to use a payment method other than through a paypal account. Using buttons will give them the option to pay with a credit or debit card, but when using pro-forms they are forced to use paypal.

Jason has acknowledged this above:
Jason Caldwell wrote:s2Member Pro Forms require PayPal Pro, or can also be used with PayPal Express Checkout. But not without one of those. However, s2Member Pro does support Authorize.Net as well, and s2Member Pro includes the same Pro Form functionality for Authorize.net integration too.

PayPal Express Checkout Forces users customers to pay with a PayPal account, plain and simple. I confirmed this with PayPal over the phone yesterday.
ifanatics

Postby Cristián Lávaque » June 26th, 2011, 12:14 am

Thanks. I'll email Jason about it.
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Postby Jason Caldwell » June 27th, 2011, 11:07 pm

Thanks for the excellent question.

That is correct. If you are using Pro Forms with PayPal Express Checkout, your Customer's must have and/or obtain a PayPal account during checkout. PayPal Express Checkout is actually intended to be used as a PayPal "option", in conjunction with a PayPal Pro account. While it is perfectly fine to run s2Member Pro Forms without a PayPal Pro account, and only with PayPal Express Checkout; when you do this, all transactions must be processed by PayPal. Customers can pay you with any major credit card, even with a bank account, but only through the use of their PayPal account.

For best results ( i.e. to overcome this limitation ), s2Member Pro should be used with a PayPal Pro account, or with an Authorize.Net account. This will allow you to accept credit cards "on site", and if you are using PayPal Pro, you can then offer PayPal Express Checkout as an alternative for those who prefer to pay with PayPal. Please see this thread for further details: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2634

You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby Jason Caldwell » June 28th, 2011, 12:27 am

PayPal Express Checkout expects that a Customer HAS, or will have a PayPal account, no matter what. It's NOT the same as using a PayPal Button, where 'PayPal Account Optional' is possible for Buy Now purchases. With Express Checkout, a Customer must have, or be willing to obtain a PayPal account during checkout.

Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby hey-ya-12 » August 2nd, 2011, 4:41 am

Hello, i just want to ask about how to generate download link on the "thank you" page for customer once they pay and landed into the "thank you" page (this is a non-membership type of purchase). i know that customer will be sent an email with the link, but i also want my customer to be able to directly click on the link on the "thank you" page shortly after they pay. thanks
hey-ya-12

Postby Jason Caldwell » September 20th, 2011, 5:43 pm

Thanks for your inquiry.
hey-ya-12 wrote:Hello, i just want to ask about how to generate download link on the "thank you" page for customer once they pay and landed into the "thank you" page (this is a non-membership type of purchase). i know that customer will be sent an email with the link, but i also want my customer to be able to directly click on the link on the "thank you" page shortly after they pay. thanks
In cases where downloads need to be made available to Customers who are NOT actually Members of your site, you will need to use a Download Key in your link. Please check your Dashboard for the details. See: s2Member -> Download Options -> Advanced Download Restrictions.

Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Previous

Return to Common Questions/Problems/Tips