PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Stuck on login screen?!

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Stuck on login screen?!

Postby drmun » May 18th, 2010, 7:55 am

Sorry if these issues imply a basic understanding of WP/s2Member, but I thought I was past the basic levels. I have followed the instructions and created a My Login Welcome page, Members Options page and customised the wp-login page. I am running WP 3.0 beta 2, with Buddypress 1.2.3. I cannot figure out how to test the new user registration process. s2Member takes over the Allow users to register, so I cannot get to the registration page - it keep redirecting to the login page, and there is no 'register now' link? The process I want is this:

1) Site pages have Login and Register Now links
2) Already joined members login and are redirected to the BP Profile page
3) New users click on register now:
a) Complete Buddypress Create Account first page
b) Arrive at Membership Options page:
i) Free membership level - click and email is sent for login etc.
ii) Premium Membership - go through Paypal etc.

I am also running a Members plugin (Justin Tadlock).

Could you pls advise what I am doing wrong? I seem to be permanently stuck in a loop?
Thanks
drmun

Re: Stuck on login screen?!

Postby rossagrant » May 18th, 2010, 8:17 am

drmun,
See see: s2Member -> General Options -> Login Welcome Page -> Allow Free Subscribers

For details of how to let free subscribers access your site.
rossagrant
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby drmun » May 18th, 2010, 9:32 am

Ouch - yes, OK pretty stupid. Sorry to waste your time. But I do have a more intelligent question (I Hope). The current process with BP and s2member installed is:

Register->Create Account (BP fields)->Collect email and activate->login->My Login Welcome Page(s2member)->and do whatever based on permissions using Member plugin.

What I really want to do is insert the Membershop Options page from s2Member between Create Account and Account activation. In other words:

Register->Create Account (BP page)->Membership Options(s2Member page)-> if choose member level that requires payment then go through Paypal and account activation follows. If choose 'free' service, then collect email and activate account etc.

Could you pls advise if this is possible, or recommend a better way? Many thanks
drmun

Postby Jason Caldwell » May 19th, 2010, 4:11 am

Hi there. Great questions.
Yes, this is possible. However, it will require custom theme development for your BuddyPress installation. If you'd like to hire me to work on this for you, please send an email to: primothemes@websharks-inc.com. You're looking at approx $100 to get this working; within 2 business days.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin