PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Error connecting to PayPal

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Error connecting to PayPal

Postby YNPNNYC » May 18th, 2010, 1:32 pm

Hi,

I can't seem to get the connection to PayPal, right. It worked before and now it works sometimes if I use Firefox, but get this message when using Explorer or Chrome. Any thoughts.

If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.

If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.

If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again.

Also, it hasn't been recording previous subscriptions on WP. I am using WP 2.9 & most updated version of s2Member.

Dana
YNPNNYC

Re: Error connecting to PayPal

Postby YNPNNYC » May 18th, 2010, 1:36 pm

I get this on PayPal page from using firefox

<!--{cke_protected}%3C%3Fphp%20echo%20S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_VALU: <!--{cke_protected}%3C%3Fphp%20echo%20S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_VALUE_FOR_PP_OS0%3B%20%3F%3E-->

Any thoughts on this too?
YNPNNYC

Postby Jason Caldwell » May 19th, 2010, 3:52 am

Are you using the Full Button Code, or the Shortcode Format? If you're using the Full Button Code, it's probably getting corrupted. Please use the Shortcode Format, intended for the WordPress® Visual & HTML Editors.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby YNPNNYC » May 21st, 2010, 5:59 pm

Hi Jason,

I can use the shortcode and try, but can I change the paypal button and have it be the subscribe button? If so, how?

Thanks,

Dana
YNPNNYC

Postby YNPNNYC » May 21st, 2010, 6:13 pm

Now I get this error: This recipient does not accept payments denominated in "USD". Please contact the seller and ask him to update his payment receiving preferences to accept this currency.

I have checked paypal and it's set to all, but main is USD and I don't see the paypal button at all.

You can see here:
http://ynpnnyc.org/member-benefits/

This is the code I copied and pasted: [s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="" desc="Annual Membership" ps="YNPNNYC" cc="USD" custom="ynpnnyc.org" tp="0" tt="D" ra="25.00" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="1" image="default" /]

Any thoughts.

Dana
YNPNNYC

Postby Jason Caldwell » June 24th, 2010, 12:44 am

Hi Dana. Just a wild guess, but do you have the CKEditor plugin installed? I ask because this error is caused by a corrupted Shortcode. It was really hard to track down, because the error at PayPal is stating the obvious. It says, ( does not accept payments in "USD" ), but what is actually means, is that it does not accept payments in

Code: Select all
&quot;USD&quot;

Those HTML entities get corrupted in your Shortcode by editors such as the CKEditor, or another non-standardized editor for WP that does not respect Shortcodes.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin