PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

everything before [premium] free, everything after paid for?

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

everything before [premium] free, everything after paid for?

Postby Norb7 » May 18th, 2010, 9:08 pm

I just installed the s2Member, went thru just about all the guides, love it so far. I think I finally found the solution I needed. Now I have a question about a feature if its possible, i saw this on another script for WP, its pretty clearly described as:

"Insert anywhere in post simple text marker: {+++}. Everything before marker – is free “teaser”. Everything after – premium protected content."

is there a way of accomplishing something like this with s2Member, the closes I can think this comes to is the "dripping" thats basically time released content, however, this would be instant, upon signup, rather than free/guest membership... this would be a nice little feature, possible?

thanks!! great plugin, very simply to use, great guides :D
Norb7

Re: everything before [premium] free, everything after paid

Postby Jason Caldwell » May 19th, 2010, 2:53 am

Great question. Yes, this is definitely possible with s2Member. There is an entire section covering Advanced Conditionals. See: s2Member -> API Scripting -> Advanced Conditionals for code samples.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Re: everything before [premium] free, everything after paid

Postby Norb7 » May 19th, 2010, 8:18 pm

thanks for the quick reply!

actually it seems that s2member does this by default?

Regardless of protecting the content by category, or post ID #s, if the articles are not split up with the 'read more' tag, the entire post remains public on my blog. With that, if I click on the title of the post, it does take me to the payment options page.

So to make a post actually private, I have to insert the 'read more' page break after the first few lines of the article. That makes those first few lines public, while the rest remains private under the 'read more' link, which takes the user to the payment options page (i guess unless already logged in, havent tested that far)

Is that normal behavior? I can provide a link to my test site if needed
And also, what if I'd want the entire post for member access only, so that at most only the title of the post shows up, but not even the 'teaser'.

I just realized I only tested this on posts, I'll see what happens when I make a page private..

thanks!!
Norb7

Return to s2Member Plugin