PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

WPMU Sitewide

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

WPMU Sitewide

Postby Guest » May 19th, 2010, 3:07 am

Hello, I would like to know if this plugin can be used sitewide in a WPMU installation, i.e. used to manage subscriptions through the whole site instead of per-blog: I would like to collect subscriptions on a sub blog, and have all the blogs' contents authorized based on that subscription.

Is this possible?

Thank you very much,

Andrea
Guest User
Guest User

Re: WPMU Sitewide

Postby Jason Caldwell » May 19th, 2010, 3:39 am

Hi Andrea. s2Member is currently not tuned for WPMU. That being said, we've been able to get it working on a site-wide basis, by modifying /wp-login.php in the following way:

Open /wp-login.php and look for line #400
Code: Select all
case 'register' :
   // WPMU doesn't use this
   wp_redirect( apply_filters( 'wp_signup_location', get_bloginfo('wpurl') . '/wp-signup.php' ) );
   exit;

Change that to this:
Code: Select all
case 'register' :

Removing those lines will get s2Member working on WPMU, and the same is true for WP 3.0 with Multisite enabled. I should warn you though! - s2Member has NOT been thouroughly tested in WPMU. Going forward, our focus will be on WP 3.0 w/ Multisite enabled. Preliminary tests indicate this will work fine, so long as the wp-login.php file is modified as shown above. Another alternative, is to design a custom registration form, that triggers do_action("user_register").
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin