PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Hiding Pages

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Hiding Pages

Postby ryannagy » May 19th, 2010, 9:21 am

This may be a Wordpress question and not an s2Member question but what are people doing to hide pages on the front page?

For example, I have many protected pages that are showing up on the front page. The content is not being shown, but the page link is. I am worried that it might confuse my users when they click them and don't go anywhere. On the other hand showing them does speak to the breadth of the content that I have.

What do you think?

1) Can I hide the protected pages?
2) Should I hide the protected pages?

Thanks - Ryan
ryannagy

Re: Hiding Pages

Postby Norb7 » May 19th, 2010, 8:22 pm

While I can't tell you how to hide the pages, Im just testing s2member myself, and with a similar situation I'm leaning towards leaving the page titles visible, as well as titles of posts and a few lines of the article as a teaser. Another benefit is anything thats left public is also visible to search engines.... like google.
Norb7

Postby ryannagy » May 20th, 2010, 12:24 am

Thanks Norb. That's brilliant. I saw Jason's reply to your other post. Re: Creating partial posts or teasers:

"Great question. Yes, this is definitely possible with s2Member. There is an entire section covering Advanced Conditionals. See: s2Member -> API Scripting -> Advanced Conditionals for code samples"

I didn't quite understand the coding, but will figure it out when the time comes.

- Ryan
ryannagy

Postby ryannagy » May 21st, 2010, 9:29 am

Actually, I just found a plugin called, "Dynamic Widgets" and it let's you select on which pages and posts you want widgets to appear. This will be very helpful. I have designed and tested many landing pages and sale pages over the years and have found that you need to limit the number of choices on the sales page. That is, the entire page should be geared toward getting people to click on the "buy now" or "enroll" button and each opportunity that they have to click away or click somewhere else lowers the sales rate.

Here's the plugin: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/dynamic-widgets/
ryannagy

Postby Norb7 » May 25th, 2010, 9:57 am

I think you have a good point with focusing on making the sale "buy now" rather than giving other options of steering back away from the sales page. I'll also check out the plugin soon. I've setup a public beta release of my site for June 1st trying to get a lot done
Norb7

Return to s2Member Plugin