PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

ClickBank and s2Member Pro v110731 multisite

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

ClickBank and s2Member Pro v110731 multisite

Postby buck415 » August 1st, 2011, 12:35 am

I've just run a test transaction using ClickBank, s2Member Pro v110731, in combination with WP Multisite and Buddypress. Result: Partial Fail.

DESCRIPTION

The ClickBank page shows the proper text required by ClickBank, and the Click Here To Register link on the Thank You page works, but with my configuration (WP MultiSite and BuddyPress) the registration remains incomplete.

Once ClickBank has approved the transaction, the user is directed to the registration page and may complete the required information to create an account. Once the user has entered their information and presses the button to continue, the page refreshes and they are brought back to the Membership Options page and must log in.

The user may log in, but has no access to any s2Member restricted material because they are only registered on the Network Site and not the Admin Site.

In order for the newly created user to access s2Member restricted material, the user must be registered on the Admin Site.

SOLUTION NEEDED TO FIX

Newly registered user through ClickBank on Network site must be automatically added to Admin Site.

CURRENT STATUS

s2Member Pro does not automatically add newly registered users to Site Admin area, preventing those users from access to s2Member restricted content.
System: Current versions of WordPress Multi Site / BuddyPress / BuddyPress ScholarPress Courseware / s2Member Pro
buck415

Re: ClickBank and s2Member Pro v110731 multisite

Postby lisakimms » August 2nd, 2011, 10:48 am

Hi: Thanks I tried to do this all over again. I posted the steps I followed at: http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2900&start=75
lisakimms

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 4th, 2011, 12:43 pm

Thank you for reporting this important issue.
I'm investigating now.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 4th, 2011, 11:59 pm

Thanks for your patience.
SOLUTION NEEDED TO FIX

Newly registered user through ClickBank on Network site must be automatically added to Admin Site.

CURRENT STATUS

s2Member Pro does not automatically add newly registered users to Site Admin area, preventing those users from access to s2Member restricted content.
So far I've been unable to reproduce this on a Multisite Network installation. What other plugins are you running in concert with s2Member please?

You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby buck415 » August 5th, 2011, 4:27 am

Plugins:
ALO EasyMail Newsletter
Another Wordpress Classifieds Plugin (AWPCP)
bbpress
BP Disable Activation
BuddyPress
BuddyPress ScholarPress Courseware (installed but deactivated)
Exclude Pages from Navigation
Fast Secure Contact Form
HS-Membership
s2Member
ThreeWP Activity Monitor
WordPress Importer
WP-Optimize
WP Show IDs
System: Current versions of WordPress Multi Site / BuddyPress / BuddyPress ScholarPress Courseware / s2Member Pro
buck415

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 6th, 2011, 11:43 am

Thank you for the follow-up.
Much appreciated.

OK, let's start by deactivating some plugins that are more likely to cause a conflict:
Code: Select all
BP Disable Activation
HS-Membership

If you can help me out by narrowing it down to a plugin or two that is causing a conflict, I'll be happy to run some extensive tests to determine what can be done to avoid it.

Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby buck415 » August 7th, 2011, 11:56 am

SETUP 1:
Deactivated and uninstalled BP Disable Activation.
All other plugins (HS Member) remain installed and active.
IMPORTANT: s2Member Custom Registration Field Options is set to NO (SEND AUTO-GENERATED PASSWORDS VIA E-MAIL; AFTER REGISTRATION).

Steps:
Created new user through ClickBank button.

Result:
Partial success.

Description:
New user is successfully created, appearing in Network and Site Admin. The system provides a message with instructions to check e-mail, but no e-mail arrives.

SETUP 2:
Deactivated and uninstalled BP Disable Activation.
All other plugins (HS Member) remain installed and active.
IMPORTANT: s2Member Custom Registration Field Options is set to YES (ALLOW USERS TO CREATE THEIR OWN PASSWORD DURING REGISTRATION).

Steps:
Created new user through ClickBank button.

Result:
Complete Success.

Description:
New user is successfully created, appearing in Network and Site Admin.

EXPLANATION:

When I first began experimenting with BuddyPress (prior to installing s2Member), I discovered there was a problem with user registrations.

I would register a test user and the system would advise me to check my e-mail... and the e-mail would not arrive until at least 40 minutes later (when it would arrive at all).

I searched the BuddyPress forums and learned that the default settings of BP require user activation e-mails to be sent with each registration. Since the e-mails were not arriving, that presented a problem. Eventually found the plugin BP Disable Activation which does as the title implies--it deactivates the registration e-mail. Users could then register and be immediately active on the site.

Apparently BP Disable Activation currently interferes with the operation of s2Member (Pro).

CORRECTIVE ACTION:

Uninstall BP Disable Activation plugin.
Toggle s2Member Custom Registration Field Options to YES (ALLOW USERS TO CREATE THEIR OWN PASSWORD DURING REGISTRATION).

STATUS

Fixed. Okay to close.

Thank you.
buck415

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 7th, 2011, 12:13 pm

Thank you VERY much.
~ That was great work, and we really appreciate you reporting back on this for everyone.

I'm going to make a note of your results here:
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=6309&p=30079#p30079

Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin