PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Want to go to login page after paypal

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Want to go to login page after paypal

Postby Kinyofu » May 25th, 2010, 11:34 pm

Hello

After testing my site, I realized that the new member is not directed to the registration page. Instead they go to the Home page and still have non-member access because they never filled out the registration form. How can I fix this?

Kinyofu :cry:
Kinyofu
Guest User
Guest User

Re: Want to go to login page after paypal

Postby Kinyofu » May 26th, 2010, 5:28 pm

Anybody?

Kinyofu
Kinyofu

Re: Want to go to login page after paypal

Postby Jason Caldwell » June 23rd, 2010, 11:18 pm

This has been improved in s2Member 3.0.6+.
However, unless you're using s2Member Pro, this will continue to be a slight issue in certain cases.

What's happening is that PayPal does not send Auto-Return/PDT data whenever you are offering a free trial, or a subscription modification is taking place. So, my guess, is that you're offering a free trial. In more recent versions of s2Member ( 3.0.6+ ), we deal with this by signaling to the Customer that they'll need to check their email, and then returning them to your home page in the mean time.

In either case, if you are offering a free trial, your Customer MUST check their email after checkout. Their email will contain a link for them; where they can continue with registration and gain access to what they purchased. This is not a huge issue, but it is annoying. I will continue to look for solutions.

Until then, or instead, I recommend s2Member Pro, as the Pro version circumvents all of these limitations, and puts the entire checkout process on your site ( combining registration/checkout together as 1 step ), under your complete control. You can also accept Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Discover, Maestro, Solo, and Customers will never leave your site. http://www.s2member.com/
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin