PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Using different buynow buttons

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Using different buynow buttons

Postby scott74 » October 2nd, 2011, 1:14 pm

I am using a theme with a price chart with rollover buttons that i would like to continue to use in place of the s2 member pay pal buttons..

The theme uses a short code to display the buttons like so
[button_link url="" style="impactBtn"]Button Text[/button_link]

This is the s2 member button
[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="2" ccaps="" desc="Silver Member / Description and pricing details here." ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="fanpage4me.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="0.01" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="1" image="
"output="" /]

Doesn anyone know how to configure this code to make the theme button work in place of the s2 member paypal button while still allowing the rollover effect with the theme shortcode button..

thanks see pic of how wanting to keep
Attachments
pricing.jpg
scott74

Re: Using different buynow buttons

Postby Cristián Lávaque » October 2nd, 2011, 3:42 pm

You can use the image attribute to specify the one you'd rather use, or you can use the output attribute to create the URL and then use that in your price chart. WP Admin -> s2Member -> PayPal Buttons -> Shortcode Attributes -> image and output

I hope that helps. :)
Cristián Lávaque http://s2member.net
Is s2Member working for you? Please rate it Image at WordPress.org. Thanks! :)
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Postby scott74 » October 2nd, 2011, 4:00 pm

i tried to enter the theme shortcode betweeen image = but it doesnt work... not sure on the output query string stuff.... I do better with examples... that looks more like telling you to add something instead of giving full example..

I have added a url and gotten it to work but i wanted to keep the rollover effect funtion of using the themes short code..
scott74

Postby Cristián Lávaque » October 2nd, 2011, 4:12 pm

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="2" ccaps="" desc="Silver Member / Description and pricing details here." ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="fanpage4me.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="0.01" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="url" /]

Use that in the page, outside the other shortcode, and load the page to get the URL. Copy the URL and then paste it in the shortcode for the theme's button.

[button_link url="use the URL here" style="impactBtn"]Button Text[/button_link]

I hope that helps.
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Postby scott74 » October 2nd, 2011, 4:23 pm

ah!! awesome thanks... that is one long url... I guess that will work similar when i upgrade to pro? Or would i have to create 3 seperate pages for 3 different package for the pro forms?

PS do i have to buy the network package if i do not plan on letting people who create blogs use the plugin or will the pro work for what i want to do
scott74

Postby Cristián Lávaque » October 3rd, 2011, 2:12 am

I don't understand your question about the pro-forms. The pro-forms don't generate URLs, so you couldn't use them in the price chart. Or do you mean having the price chart link to the page with the pro-form instead of the PayPal page?

About the license question, could you explain how your multisite network would work?
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Postby scott74 » October 3rd, 2011, 5:20 am

correct have my price chart link to the proform displaying the correct form for the package selected...

The multi site would work by having s2member running on the main blog only to control membership.. People would sign up and based on the package they would get anywhere from one to 5 blogs or so to create and different plugins to use depending on the package..... I did not plan on having the s2 member plugin display on any of the blogs created... It wont be enabled via network active only enabled from the main blog
scott74

Postby Cristián Lávaque » October 8th, 2011, 2:51 pm

Ah, I see you what you mean, but if you give blogs to your users it's considered a blog farm, even if you don't give them s2Member in their dashboars, so the network license would apply. I hope that clarifies it. :)
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Postby scott74 » October 8th, 2011, 2:57 pm

So just to clarify, does the s2 free version work correctly on a multi site install using a blogfarm or do you have to have the network license for this to work correctly on a blog farm??
scott74

Postby Jason Caldwell » October 12th, 2011, 4:01 pm

Thanks for your inquiry.
scott74 wrote:So just to clarify, does the s2 free version work correctly on a multi site install using a blogfarm or do you have to have the network license for this to work correctly on a blog farm??
The free version of s2Member DOES include all of the code necessary to run a Blog Farm, without the additional documentation and support. However, I'm afraid you will have lots of questions and be "in the dark" on many issues related to Blog Farming with s2Member, until you purchase our Network Support Package. Due to the complexities and MANY security considerations associated with Blog Farms, we just can't give support on this aspect of s2Member until our customers purchase this package.

There are some new additional details in the latest version of s2Member, which may help to clarify this a bit further. I'm attaching a screenshot of s2Member's Multisite Config panel in the latest release for you.

( click to enlarge )
SNAG-0029.png
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

IP address?

Postby stormcloud » December 27th, 2011, 11:51 pm

Hey guys, sorry to bump an old thread (which really helped me!), but is there a way to sort out the IP info in the link? If I use the [output="url"] method listed above, it works great, but my IP address will be saved in the link.

Is there a way around this?
stormcloud

Postby Cristián Lávaque » December 29th, 2011, 4:20 am

Generate that URL while logged out to avoid the inclusion of a reference to your account and then, where you see your IP address in the URL, replace it with <?php echo $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']; ?>.

I hope that helps. :)
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Postby stormcloud » January 16th, 2012, 10:04 pm

Perfect, thanks for the info.
stormcloud

Return to s2Member Plugin