PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Sequential Content Delivery

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Sequential Content Delivery

Postby ddmcleod » October 18th, 2011, 1:03 pm

I notice that WishList Member has a feature called "sequential content delivery", which I think would be very useful. Does s2member have such a feature, or are you thinking of adding one? I've also heard this called "drip content". I'm imagining that the feature could be set up on a membership level basis, and it would be great if some kind of scheduling mechanism could be put in place to allow for different ways of "dripping out" the content.

Thanks,

David McLeod
ddmcleod

Re: Sequential Content Delivery

Postby Eduan » October 18th, 2011, 1:31 pm

Documentation wrote:Content Dripping is the gradual, pre-scheduled release of premium website content to paying Members.

So I'm pretty sure it would serve like you want it to.
Now officially accepting Professional s2Member installations along with Bruce C (a.k.a. Ace).

If you're interested in a Professional s2Member Installation, or a Custom Coding Job, you can send your request here.
Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby behladesign » October 21st, 2011, 6:50 pm

Any reply from S2? I need this as well. This is the million dollar question.

I saw this post: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15433&p=45377&hilit=drip+content#p45377 but i'm not sure i follow how to setup a drip content system based on that.

I"m interested in having a right sidebar nav reveal the week that a member is on. For example, week 1 shows links to pages for week 1. week 2 shows links for pages from week 1 and week 2, etc.
behladesign

Postby Bruce C » October 21st, 2011, 9:01 pm

You can definitely do this with s2Member.
~Bruce ( a.k.a. Ace )

If you're interested in a Professional Installation, or Custom Coding Job, you can send your request here.

Proud Supporter of:
The Zeitgeist Movement
and Occupy Everything
Bruce C
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby Jason Caldwell » October 22nd, 2011, 6:34 pm

Thanks for the excellent question.
ddmcleod wrote:I notice that WishList Member has a feature called "sequential content delivery", which I think would be very useful. Does s2member have such a feature, or are you thinking of adding one? I've also heard this called "drip content". I'm imagining that the feature could be set up on a membership level basis, and it would be great if some kind of scheduling mechanism could be put in place to allow for different ways of "dripping out" the content.

Thanks,

David McLeod
Currently, s2Member DOES support Content-Dripping, but it's not nearly as intuitive as we'd like it to be. We are currently working toward improving this aspect of s2Member by the end of 2011, but we're not quite there yet.

Like I said though, s2Member DOES provide support and instruction on how to Drip content. Please take a look in your Dashboard here for further details and examples: See: s2Member -> API Scripting -> Content Dripping. s2Member also provides several API Functions that may further assist site owners in dripping content. See: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=12455&src_doc_v=111017

SNAG-0055.png

SNAG-0056.png

SNAG-0057.png
SNAG-0057.png (18.33 KiB) Viewed 1557 times
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby pmpowers » January 31st, 2012, 7:21 pm

Any update on when the content-Dripping will become more intuitive? If it's not just around the corner can you recommend anyone for me to do the coding?
pmpowers

Postby pmpowers » January 31st, 2012, 7:22 pm

Any update on when the content-Dripping will become more intuitive? If it's not just around the corner can you recommend anyone for me to do the coding?
pmpowers

Return to s2Member Plugin