PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

specific page access for specific users

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

specific page access for specific users

Postby lcooper1784 » May 27th, 2010, 5:50 pm

Hello again,
Another question...
Is it possible to grant specific users access to specific pages, even of those pages are not included in their membership?

For example, user 12 is a vendor who is represented by my mom. Vendors as a group are only allowed to view pages 23, 45, and 67. But, User 12 will also want to see the page that describes their line, which the Customer group is allowed to see (she doesn't want vendors to be able to see what other lines she represents). Could user 12 be given access to page 34 (their line's page) only? User 13 would be able to see page 36, but not page 34.

I hope that makes sense, and I hope it's possible with this plugin! Please let me know!
Thank you!
lcooper1784

Re: specific page access for specific users

Postby Jason Caldwell » June 23rd, 2010, 11:07 pm

Hi. Yes, this is possible, but you'll need to use Custom Capabilities.
Custom Capabilities can be applied on a Member-specific basis, or for a group of Members. You can either package Custom Capabilities into your PayPal Buttons, or you can apply them to each Member account individually.

The trick is knowing how to utilize the Custom Capabilities after you've awarded them. For further information, please read the section in your Dashboard, under:
s2Member -> API Scripting -> Custom Capabilities
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin