PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Export Headings

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Export Headings

Postby ridesabike2 » November 25th, 2011, 4:17 pm

I am using Pro and need to import members from a local database.

I exported my current membership so I could duplicate the format, but the headings are all scattered. Instead of being at the top, as headings, they are as shown on the attached screen shot. How do I get my current database in a usable format? I tried uploading it and got the following error message:

Line #206. Missing or invalid Email address ( ); please try again.

Actually it's all the lines. I just chose #206 as an example.

Thanks for any help. This is really slowing us down at the moment, not being able to get our membership on our new site.
Attachments
s2mSS.JPG
s2mSS.JPG (42.74 KiB) Viewed 126 times
ridesabike2

Re: Export Headings

Postby ridesabike2 » December 1st, 2011, 3:22 pm

Is there a different route for support for Pro? We need help on this.
ridesabike2

Postby Wendell » December 1st, 2011, 10:02 pm

Same problem here, but I'm dealing with 750 members. The problems all start about the same spot where the custom fields start in the CSV export. Most of the fields are not required, so many of the fields don't show up at all in the export... but, some blank fields show up even though they have blank values. It's random and I can't figure out why some show up in the export and others do not.

This is a very urgent issue for me, so I would appreciate as much help as possible. Thanks!
Wendell

Postby Eduan » December 2nd, 2011, 9:14 am

Hey!
Thanks for you guys' patience, sorry nobody has gotten to you yet, as you can see the forums are very active and big for 3-4 active users to answer everything, but don't worry, I'm sure Cristián or Jason or Raam Dev will get to you soon.

I would answer if I knew the problem but unfortunately I don't, sorry.
Hope they get to you soon.
Now officially accepting Professional s2Member installations along with Bruce C (a.k.a. Ace).

If you're interested in a Professional s2Member Installation, or a Custom Coding Job, you can send your request here.
Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby Cristián Lávaque » December 4th, 2011, 3:54 am

The exportation format of the custom fields, is not standard in the sense that there isn't a column for each field defined in s2Member. The custom fields are exported (or imported) in pairs of field ID and value, and only for those fields that have a value. For example:

Code: Select all
user A, .... , custom field 1 ID, custom field 1 value, custom field 5 ID, custom field 5 value
user B, .... , custom field 3 ID, custom field 3 value

So you have different fields in each column and they don't necessarily match from row to row. This works fine when exporting and reimporting with s2Member only, but can be imcompatible when you try to import into other systems.

This tool will be improved, but is like this in its current form. I'm notifying Jason of your concern so it's considered for priority. Thanks for your feedback!
Cristián Lávaque http://s2member.net
Is s2Member working for you? Please rate it Image at WordPress.org. Thanks! :)
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Postby boldplans » January 21st, 2012, 10:01 am

Looking through the forum - there are no answers for this. I'm going to try to use another tool but it doesn't map S2Member custom fields. Unfortunately the wp_user_meta table only confuses this issue instead of making it easier (I don't know why a separate relation needs to be made to further slow up user meta as if the user table must be kept clean from all infection of additional data fields.) The export itself makes working with data all but impossible and useless IMHO, except to move data to another Wordpress install. I hope my comments don't come off as harsh but they are not inaccurate. I was surprised to find these problems in what usually are basic functions of membership. Otherwise the plugin looks great, is pretty well organized and doesn't have that chop shop feel of the others. But these things are needed - I have a 74,000 member site that is going to have to be imported the very hard way.
boldplans

Postby Cristián Lávaque » January 22nd, 2012, 8:12 pm

Yes, the custom fields import/export format is not standard or optimal. I'm very sorry about this. We're currently working on a vastly improved version of s2Member, which we plan to release in about 2 months.

For now, custom fields can only be imported with this format. What you can do is create your spreadsheet with a column for each custom field you created and then add an extra column before each, and paste the field's ID in every cell.

I hope it helps. :)
Attachments
2012-01-22_191117.png
2012-01-22_191117.png (1.92 KiB) Viewed 99 times
Cristián Lávaque http://s2member.net
Is s2Member working for you? Please rate it Image at WordPress.org. Thanks! :)
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin