PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

No Email Confirmation after paypal subscription

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

No Email Confirmation after paypal subscription

Postby mattkerr » December 13th, 2011, 5:47 am

I have tried twice myself and have my first member reporting the same issue.

We are offering a free trial and although i have read that the email should arrive within 15 mins, it has been 2 hrs for my first member and around 45 mins since my last attempt.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Quick update. We have now also tried changing from totally free 5 day trial to $0.01 trial in case that was an issue. No change.
mattkerr

Re: No Email Confirmation after paypal subscription

Postby Eduan » December 13th, 2011, 7:51 am

Take a look into WP Admin -> S2member -> PayPal® Options -> Account Details and see if ALL the fields are correctly filled. It's sometimes this that causes this problem.

This video may also be of interest:
http://www.s2member.com/paypal-options-buttons-video/

Have you tried going over the WP Admin -> s2Member -> PayPal® Buttons -> Shortcode Attributes ( Explained )?
It may help clear some things up, just check your button code compared to what's in this section.

Remember to create new buttons with the new info, just to make sure it works.

Also remember to report back.
Otherwise you leave me worrying. ;)
Now officially accepting Professional s2Member installations along with Bruce C (a.k.a. Ace).

If you're interested in a Professional s2Member Installation, or a Custom Coding Job, you can send your request here.
Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby mattkerr » December 13th, 2011, 8:06 am

Thanks for your reply Eduan.

I may not have explained myself properly earlier. Let me restate the situation and sorry for any confusion.

When i have tested this myself i go through the paypal part with no issues, the paypal reports arrive to the admin paypal account confirming that subscriptions have been setup, also when i went into my own paypal account to cancel the subscriptions and checked them everything was setup correctly with the 5 days trial followed by the correct payment amount on the correct day.

Where we hit an issue is the redirect from paypal back to the membership site. We are taken to a page which states that an email will arrive within the next 15 mins with important registration info. I assume a link to the registration form so they can fully sign up UN and PW.

It's this email which never arrives. So payment is setup correctly it's the part where s2member should direct them to register thats missing.
mattkerr

Postby Cristián Lávaque » December 14th, 2011, 2:03 pm

Matt, could you please post, from the logs, the entries related to this problem? WP Admin -> s2Member -> PayPal Options -> Account Details -> Enable Logging

Also, you could check if there isn't a plugin conflict, deactivating other plugins one at a time, and doing a test purchase after each, to see if the problem goes away with one of the plugins.
Cristián Lávaque http://s2member.net
Is s2Member working for you? Please rate it Image at WordPress.org. Thanks! :)
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Postby mattkerr » December 14th, 2011, 9:09 pm

I have attached the most recent log. Hope thats what you were after?

We are checking buttons as i write this. Will report back if thats the cause
Attachments
Log.rtf
(31.54 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
mattkerr

Postby mattkerr » December 14th, 2011, 10:55 pm

Ok we have played with the plugins and it does seem that one of them.........wpsc support tickets.......may have effected the process.

However we still have only 50% success. When my partner signs up she gets the both emails, paypal and s2member, immediately. When i do the same i only get the paypal email, nothing from s2member.

Now even more confused. Both email accounts being used are gmail. Not sure what else i can add at this point.
mattkerr

Postby Eduan » December 15th, 2011, 8:53 am

Hello mattkerr.
I've found a user making some interesting posts about confirmation email:
viewtopic.php?p=56583#p56583

Could you try logging out of your account when doing the test? or even using another computer without logging into your account?

Thanks, tell me how it goes.
Now officially accepting Professional s2Member installations along with Bruce C (a.k.a. Ace).

If you're interested in a Professional s2Member Installation, or a Custom Coding Job, you can send your request here.
Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby andrew72 » December 15th, 2011, 8:11 pm

I am getting this exact same error and it appears completely random. People will register, checkout via paypal (the money is collected) they are not returned to the site and do not receive the confirmation email.

Any help would be appreciated as it is super important that we know these people register... anything I can do to help I will gladly do.

They are also not added to the list of members in the wordpress admin.

thanks
andrew72

Postby mattkerr » December 15th, 2011, 8:23 pm

Logging out does seem to have made a difference.

All now seems to be in working order and the 2 simple changes were removing the wpsc support ticket plugin and making sure to be fully logged out of the site when testing.
mattkerr

Postby Eduan » December 15th, 2011, 10:45 pm

@mattkerr
OK, I'm glad it works now.

Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby mattkerr » December 15th, 2011, 11:04 pm

Thanks for your help :)

We were getting very worried that we might have to change systems. It's always something very simple.
mattkerr

Postby Eduan » December 16th, 2011, 7:39 am

OK, sure, glad to be able to help!

Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby Cristián Lávaque » December 17th, 2011, 4:55 am

andrew72 wrote:I am getting this exact same error and it appears completely random. People will register, checkout via paypal (the money is collected) they are not returned to the site and do not receive the confirmation email.

Any help would be appreciated as it is super important that we know these people register... anything I can do to help I will gladly do.

They are also not added to the list of members in the wordpress admin.

thanks

Andrew, could you double check that your PayPal integration is fully configured and correct? WP Admin -> s2Member -> PayPal Options

After checking that, enable logging to get more data from the transactions. WP Admin -> s2Member -> PayPal Options -> Account Details -> Enable Logging

Then make sure you aren't logged in to your admin account and make a test purchase. If it doesn't go smoothly, please check the logs and post here the entries related to that transaction 8x'ing out any private info).

You can also check for conflicting plugins, deactivating other plugins one by one and testing the purchase after each until the problem goes with one of the plugins.

Also, users aren't added automatically to WordPress, after the checkout they're returned to WordPress so they can register; then they'll be in your users list.

I hope that helps. :)

mattkerr wrote:Thanks for your help :)

We were getting very worried that we might have to change systems. It's always something very simple.

I understand perfectly. I'm very glad you sorted it out. :)

Thanks for your help, Eduán!
Cristián Lávaque http://s2member.net
Is s2Member working for you? Please rate it Image at WordPress.org. Thanks! :)
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Postby simplyme10 » January 25th, 2012, 12:27 pm

I have somewhat of a similar problem. My users are able to access the registration page after paying thru Paypal and then are not directed to my site and do not show up as new users.
This used to work before. How do I test again? I feel like I would have to continue to make new Pyapal accounts test.
simplyme10

Postby simplyme10 » January 25th, 2012, 12:31 pm

How can I test that wordpress registration is working without having to keep creating new accounts in paypal?
simplyme10

Return to s2Member Plugin