PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Free Trial with Coupon, but Non-recurring

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Free Trial with Coupon, but Non-recurring

Postby eatlocal » January 4th, 2012, 12:47 pm

How can I set up my pro form so it does not have a recurring payment? Right now I'm offering a coupon to specific members who get one year free. I don't want them, or regular member to be rebelled after a year. I tried adjusting the code so it is one time only, but then I can't apply the coupon. here is my current code:

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="1" ccaps="" desc="1 Year @ $55.00 / then $55.00 USD / Yearly ( recurring charge, for ongoing access )" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.landshareco.org" ta="0.00" tp="1" tt="Y" ra="55.00" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="1" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="1" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /]

Thanks,
Jim
eatlocal

Re: Free Trial with Coupon, but Non-recurring

Postby Bruce C » January 4th, 2012, 4:47 pm

You will probably need to make a separate pro form for users that have a coupon code. You cannot use coupon codes to give free access as of yet, as far as I know.
~Bruce ( a.k.a. Ace )

If you're interested in a Professional Installation, or Custom Coding Job, you can send your request here.

Proud Supporter of:
The Zeitgeist Movement
and Occupy Everything
Bruce C
Experienced User
Experienced User

Re: Free Trial with Coupon, but Non-recurring

Postby Raam Dev » January 4th, 2012, 8:18 pm

Hi Jim,

Bruce is correct in that you cannot use coupon codes to give free access. From the s2Member documentation on the Pro Coupon Codes page:

s2Member will NEVER allow the Regular Billing Rate ( or Total ) to be less than: $0.01.

If you want to offer something 100% free, please use a Free Registration Form instead.
Either that, or you can offer a Free Trial Period in your Shortcode.

So, an alternate solution to using the Coupon Codes feature of Pro Forms would be to create a Free Registration Form that gives someone 365 days of access (this is done by adding the tp="365" tt="D" to the Free Registration button shortcode; see more on WP Admin -> s2Member -> PayPal Pro Forms -> PayPal Pro / Free Registration Forms).

Then, to limit access to that page you could provide users with a "coupon code" that would be required to access the 1-year Limited Free Registration page.

See this thread for more information on how this would work: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16176&p=54466#p54503

(You could simplify the process explained in that thread by creating an HTML form that allows them to submit a coupon code and then use PHP to check the coupon code and then redirect them to the page with the free registration.)

Does that sound like it might work?
Raam Dev || Wherever you are, be there. || Please rate s2Member!
Raam Dev
Developer
Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin