PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

List Servers - more than one list

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

List Servers - more than one list

Postby webbmalin » January 11th, 2012, 10:56 am

Hi guys!
Thanks for this awesome plugin and this awesome forum!

API / List Servers - Mailchimp, Membership Level 1:
I see you can enter more than one list-ID.
I suppose that means the customer will be added to them all? Or can you decide to which list each customer is added?
Like if I can use different lists for each custom capability...???

My client is using Constant Contact for email marketing.
Is it much harder to integrate than Mailchimp?

Thanks!
/Malin
webbmalin

Re: List Servers - more than one list

Postby Raam Dev » January 12th, 2012, 7:48 pm

Hi Malin! Glad you're enjoying the plugin; thank you for the KUDOS! :)

When you enter multiple list-ID's in one of the membership levels, the user will be subscribed to all of those lists when they join. To my knowledge, it's not possible to subscribe people to different lists based on their Custom Capability.

Regarding Constant Contact: s2Member doesn't currently support that list service. Only MailChimp and AWeber are supported. However, if you really need that integration, it's possible to write some custom code to do the integration:

Other List Server Integrations ( there's always a way )

Check the s2Member API Notifications panel. You'll find additional layers of automation available through the use of the `Signup`, `Registration`, `Payment`, `EOT/Deletion`, `Refund/Reversal`, and `Specific Post/Page` Notifications that are available to you through the s2Member API. These make it possible to integrate with 3rd party applications; like list servers, affiliate programs, and other back-office routines; in more advanced ways. You will probably need to get help from a web developer though. s2Member API Notifications require some light PHP scripting by someone familiar with web service connections.
Raam Dev || Wherever you are, be there. || Please rate s2Member!
Raam Dev
Developer
Developer

Postby Cristián Lávaque » January 13th, 2012, 6:36 am

The MailChimp integration works on a level basis, not custom capabilities, but you can add custom capabilities as MailChimp MERGE fields and then use those to segment your list. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15676&p=50619#p50546

I hope this helps. :)
Cristián Lávaque http://s2member.net
Is s2Member working for you? Please rate it Image at WordPress.org. Thanks! :)
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Postby webbmalin » January 13th, 2012, 10:21 am

Thank you!
I'll try this and let you know :)
webbmalin

Postby Demiano » January 24th, 2012, 3:53 pm

Maybe this is somehow related?

Is it possible to automatically change somebody from the free subscriber list to a paid customer list with the MailChimp Integration? So he would not keep receiving the autoresponder series for free subscribers but now gets the messages for the paid customers? So I would not need to do this manually?
Thanks,
Demian

Cristián Lávaque wrote:The MailChimp integration works on a level basis, not custom capabilities, but you can add custom capabilities as MailChimp MERGE fields and then use those to segment your list. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15676&p=50619#p50546

I hope this helps. :)
Demiano

Return to s2Member Plugin