PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

How to integrate S2Member with DPD?

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

How to integrate S2Member with DPD?

Postby mattstefanik » January 12th, 2012, 9:37 pm

Trying to integrate S2member with getdpd.com because I currently use it for another product and like their platform. They also handle my affiliate program so another reason why I want to continue to use them.

So basically when someone hits the "buy now" button it goes through DPD then to paypal, but I should still be able to send the sales information back to S2member to validate their membership availability, shouldn't it?

Anybody know how to accomplish this with any third party affiliate program or product/digital key delivery service or do you need more details?

Thanks.
mattstefanik

Re: How to integrate S2Member with DPD?

Postby mattstefanik » January 14th, 2012, 5:24 pm

Anyone using DPD?
mattstefanik

Postby Raam Dev » January 18th, 2012, 1:48 pm

I haven't heard of anyone using DPD with s2Member. iDevAffiliate and ShareASale are supported, but it may be possible to integrate with other affiliate software. Have you looked over the inline documentation in WP Admin -> s2Member -> API /Tracking?
Raam Dev || Wherever you are, be there. || Please rate s2Member!
Raam Dev
Developer
Developer

Postby mattstefanik » January 23rd, 2012, 1:09 pm

Hey, thanks for your response. I did read all through that section. In the notifications section it allows me to input a URL to be notified, but what I need is a URL to add to my DPD product details page that will notify S2Member of the sale so that it will validate the sign up availability for the purchaser.

This way I can have my buy now buttons go through DPD to PayPal and once the transaction is completed it can send whatever info S2member needs to validate the user to sign up to the members area. This is ideal because then they will be in the DPD system, which then also adds them to a new list in Aweber and sends them an email regarding their affiliate sign up procedure, as well as tracks all my sales and manages customers.

Hope this makes sense. Any idea how I can accomplish this if it's not as simple as adding a notification URL to DPD? Thanks for your help.
mattstefanik

Postby Raam Dev » January 24th, 2012, 11:50 pm

If you have s2Member Pro, you might be able to create a script using the Pro API for Remote Operations feature (WP Admin -> s2Member -> API/Scripting -> Pro API for remote Operations) that gets triggered with DPD purchases to create an s2Member account and then notify the user.
Raam Dev
Developer
Developer

Postby mattstefanik » January 25th, 2012, 3:21 pm

Just received this response from DPD:

"When you use the optional DPD IPN to let DPD communicate with your website:

Your website > Buyer clicks DPD buy button > DPD sends buyer to paypal with instructions to delvier the IPN to DPD > Buyer pays > Buyer returns to DPD > DPD uses the PayPal IPN to activate the download > DPD sends a IPN to your website notify URL > Your website performs some action with the IPN data from DPD

Now, the hard part is that you have to have some script or program on your website that is set up to read the IPN data provided by DPD.

I've taken a look at S2Member and it does not appear they support the ability to add a custom parser for IPN data, which is what would be needed for it to properly read the DPD IPN data. If you are a Pro user of their software you may be able to contact them and tell them you want to integrate a 3rd party service and ask them for instructions."

This sounds like it should be much easier than I'm making it, provided I can simply input the correct notify URL into DPD for S2member to receive the required information regarding the transaction. Would I need the Pro version or is this something I can accomplish with the free version?

One potential problem I see would be that in this scenario the buyer is clicking my "buy now" button with the DPD code and not the one generated by S2member. Is this an issue?
mattstefanik

Postby Raam Dev » January 26th, 2012, 11:39 am

s2Member does not currently support DPD so there is no parser built into s2Member to process the DPD IPN data. That means you'd need to write the parser yourself (or hire someone to do that; see s2Member Install Help / Projects / Custom Coding viewtopic.php?t=4158).

From what you explained above, you would need to write a parser in PHP that processes incoming DPD IPN data and then uses the s2Member Pro API to create a user with the necessary details (the Pro API requires s2Member Pro).

However, to answer your last question I need to understand how you're trying to use s2Member. Is there a reason you're using the DPD buy buttons instead of s2Member buy buttons? What are you using s2Member for?

Could you possibly use s2Member buy buttons and have s2Member notify DPD of the sale (the opposite of what you described above)?
Raam Dev
Developer
Developer

Postby mattstefanik » January 26th, 2012, 11:58 am

Thanks for your response.

I'm using the DPD button to have the sale register in their system, which tracks the buyer's name, location, IP address, email address and simultaneously invites them to become an affiliate. Anyhow, there's a number of reason why I want to continue to use their system. It's very simple with just digital product downloads.

However, I am wanting to use S2member to create a secure site for viewing the videos from another course as opposed to having the buyer download huge video files. There are other free options, but S2member is the most secure in my opinion, considering customers can share your register link, but others still won't be able to register without a validated purchase.

Thought about that (the other way around), but I don't see in their system how this could be set up.

I guess my options are to hire a coder to write the parser script or find another option. Thank you for your help.
mattstefanik

Return to s2Member Plugin