PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Run a promotion without Paypal Pro?

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Run a promotion without Paypal Pro?

Postby irishpolyglot » January 13th, 2012, 3:33 am

Hi! I've upgraded to s2member pro, but it wasn't made clear at all that to enable coupons I absolutely must have Paypal Pro, until I saw the description after purchasing. I can't access Paypal Pro for frustrating reasons I won't go into.

Is there some way to run a promotion despite this? I was hoping to have a coupon code, but I would also be able to give them a private link to a FREE sign-up link (with no purchase), because another company that I'm working with for the promotion wants to handle all payments. (My initial plan was to have a coupon code with a $0 price tag result).

So my question is, how can I give a premium access log in page to people for free, while also continuing my standard sales path? I only know of how to give a free log in to level 0, and the paypal button options do not let me select $0. Basically, I want to bypass paypal altogether, or pass them through as if they had paid on paypal in order to access premium content. I'm sure there must be a very easy way that I've missed?
irishpolyglot

Re: Run a promotion without Paypal Pro?

Postby Eduan » January 13th, 2012, 8:55 am

s2Member will NEVER allow the price tag to be below $0.01. So a coupon code couldn't do that.

Here's an idea of how you can do what you want:
1. Protect a page with specific post/page access. See this video for more info:
http://www.s2member.com/specific-posts-pages-video/

2. In that page put the pro-form which will offer them free access to a higher level. For more info on how to offer free access to higher levels, check this:
http://www.s2member.com/free-registrati ... vel-video/

3. Then, under WP Admin -> s2Member -> PayPal Buttons -> PayPal Specific Post/Page Access Links you can give them a link to that protected page. Through email or whatever medium you prefer.

Hope this helps. :)
Now officially accepting Professional s2Member installations along with Bruce C (a.k.a. Ace).

If you're interested in a Professional s2Member Installation, or a Custom Coding Job, you can send your request here.
Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby irishpolyglot » January 16th, 2012, 6:26 am

Excellent! That "free registration" option looks like it will do the trick :) I see the tiny URL is used to shorten the link down - clever!
Thanks for the quick reply!!
irishpolyglot

Postby Eduan » January 16th, 2012, 7:53 am

Great!
Glad to be able to help. :)
Now officially accepting Professional s2Member installations along with Bruce C (a.k.a. Ace).

If you're interested in a Professional s2Member Installation, or a Custom Coding Job, you can send your request here.
Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Return to s2Member Plugin