PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

My First Question

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

My First Question

Postby tdaubs » January 13th, 2012, 6:50 pm

Ok guys. Brand new to S2Member. Considering seriously purchasing the pro version.

Just need one question answered.

I just finished watching this video tutorials. http://www.s2member.com/custom-capabilities-video/

The functionality featured in this video is EXACTLY what I need. However, I'm confused on one item.

Let's say I have an existing member group that has access to most of my site content (not all) and most of the new content I create I want to give them access to. I decide to use the tag method as outlined in the video. How do I give the group access to new content as it is created when they already signed up prior to me creating the content? (adding tags to a paypal button isn't gonna do it for existing member groups. Right?)

I'm guessing this question is irrelevant because of something I don't understand about S2 or its functionality... but even then I need whatever the part I don't understand to be cleared up and hopefully this post will reveal that.
tdaubs

Re: My First Question

Postby Raam Dev » January 16th, 2012, 11:54 pm

If I understand correctly, you'd like to add new Custom Capabilities in the future and you want to make sure that existing members gain access to those Custom Capabilities, right? It's possible to edit a user and update their Custom Capabilities at anytime (there's a field when you edit there profile that lists the Custom Capabilities; you and add/remove them from there), so that's always an option.

Another thing to keep in mind: with Membership Levels, the levels are cumulative. That means anyone with Level 2 membership will have access to everything offered under Level 1 and Level 0 (free) membership.

Does that answer your question?
Raam Dev || Wherever you are, be there. || Please rate s2Member!
Raam Dev
Developer
Developer

Re: My First Question

Postby tdaubs » January 26th, 2012, 3:11 am

Thanks Raam. I think I have it figured out now.
tdaubs

Return to s2Member Plugin