PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

membership options configuration page

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

membership options configuration page

Postby AcKing1 » January 14th, 2012, 1:22 pm

Hi!

we don't want s2member- to protect any pages or provide any redirects. Example if you try to login it directs you to the membership options page. Is there a way to turn off any/all of these redirects and protections? We viewed all videos and cannot find the correct configuration for this instance. We also checked the forums and could not find a logical answer. We merely want ot ask s2member- to keep track of members/upgrade existing members etc. example someone comes to our home page and clicks " register" link. They go to the registration page and register. They then proceed to post. After they spent 20 to 30 minutes on the site they will be redirected to the " membership options page " we do not want them to see this page prior to them going through the posting process! Do you have a configuration for this? If this plug-in is unable to do this then we will be unable to use it and just build from scratch.....

thank you in advance
AcKing1

Re: membership options configuration page

Postby Eduan » January 14th, 2012, 2:21 pm

If I understood correctly, you want for users to not be redirected anywhere until they've spent 20-30 minutes on the website. Is this correct?

If so, I believe this kind of customization is not possible with s2Member yet.

In order for s2Member to work correctly you need to specify a membership options page, and this page, is where all users will be redirected to when they try to access some part of the page.

So s2Member is more built for protecting and selling access to content.

Now I'm not totally sure about this, I would wait until a support representative answers your question 100% correctly and sure.

Hope this helps. :)
Now officially accepting Professional s2Member installations along with Bruce C (a.k.a. Ace).

If you're interested in a Professional s2Member Installation, or a Custom Coding Job, you can send your request here.
Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby AcKing1 » January 14th, 2012, 4:12 pm

Ha ok well there is a membership page and this page for now is redirected from " log in " so is there a place we can just disable this redirect? if so we can make this work.....
AcKing1

Postby Cristián Lávaque » January 17th, 2012, 6:06 am

Hi AcKing.

If you have registration open, no redirection will happen to the login page. WP Admin -> s2Member -> General Options -> Open Registration

If you don't protect content, no redirection will happen to the Membership Options Page.

To do the timed thing, you could have a conditional based on the examples given for dripping. WP Admin -> s2Member -> API / Scripting -> s2Member Content Dripping -> Very Advanced
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=12453#src_doc_s2member_paid_registration_time%28%29

Then in the conditional, if the time is higher than the 30 mins, you can redirect him using JavaScript.

I hope that helps. :)
Cristián Lávaque http://s2member.net
Is s2Member working for you? Please rate it Image at WordPress.org. Thanks! :)
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin