PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Creating a Subscription Outside of Wordpress

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Creating a Subscription Outside of Wordpress

Postby cerdman » January 16th, 2012, 11:33 am

Hello,

First off I have to thank you for creating this plugin - I went through 3 other premium membership plugins before finding S2M and having it finally work for us.

We have a news blog that is a paid component of our other custom subscription (non-WP) site. What I want to be able to do is create a user/subscription (doesn't necessarily have to be an active recurring subscription, the idea is more to get their login credentials into the system) from outside of wordpress when I am creating a user for our other site. I am a php programmer so am very comfortable working via that medium or by inserting directly into the database (I just don't know what to insert where) - any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Colin
cerdman

Re: Creating a Subscription Outside of Wordpress

Postby cerdman » January 17th, 2012, 3:54 pm

Jason, can anyone else help on this all I really need to do is get them into wordpress with a Level 1 subscription.

no payment needs to be handled. Obviously automated as opposed to manually doing it each time I have a user sign up on my other site that I want to give access to the S2M Wp-site. I know it couldn't be that hard.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Colin
cerdman

Postby Raam Dev » January 20th, 2012, 12:06 am

Hi Colin,

s2Member Pro provides an API for remote operations (WP Admin -> s2Member -> API/Scripting -> Pro API for Remote Operations) and currently supports the create_user operation:

With s2Member Pro installed, you have access to the s2Member Pro API For Remote Operations. This is made available for developers that wish to create User/Member accounts dynamically through custom scripts of their own. s2Member's Remote Operations API requires a secret API Key in order to POST authenticated requests to your installation of s2Member.

With the Pro API, you can easily create new accounts with a Level 1 membership, skipping the payment process altogether.
Raam Dev || Wherever you are, be there. || Please rate s2Member!
Raam Dev
Developer
Developer

Postby cerdman » January 20th, 2012, 12:12 am

That's perfect, couldn't have found a better solution. You guys are great.
cerdman

Return to s2Member Plugin