PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Odd Coupon Codes - Are these possible with just 2 forms?

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Odd Coupon Codes - Are these possible with just 2 forms?

Postby demo38 » January 16th, 2012, 1:59 pm

I recently purchased s2member Pro and really like the extension a lot.

I have a client that wants to create some coupon codes for site subscriptions (recurring billing) that he can give out in various scenarios, although, I'm not sure how to go about setting these up in s2member. I see that I can apply a discount to the trial period, or the regular subscription, or both - however, not sure if these are possible with those options??? We have 2 PayPal Pro Forms, one for monthly subscriptions, and one for annual subscriptions. Thank you for any help on this.

three month free trial (then stop and bill full price from then on - how does the minimum 1 cent work in these scenarios?)

two month free trial (then stop and bill full price from then on - how does the minimum 1 cent work in these scenarios?)

one month free trial (then stop and bill full price from then on - how does the minimum 1 cent work in these scenarios?)

one year free (then expire and bill full regular amount after 1 year)

50% off all year (then expire and bill full regular amount after 1 year)

25% off all year (then expire and bill full regular amount after 1 year)
demo38

Re: Odd Coupon Codes - Are these possible with just 2 forms?

Postby demo38 » January 17th, 2012, 11:40 pm

The trick here is that we only have 2 forms total for membership signup - Monthly and Yearly.

I know a coupon code itself can expire, but can the effects expire as well? For instance, give a monthly discount, for X number of months, then go back to full price?

Are all of the above scenarios possible using only 2 forms?

Thank you for your help,
Jonathon
demo38

Re: Odd Coupon Codes - Are these possible with just 2 forms?

Postby Raam Dev » January 23rd, 2012, 12:05 pm

Hi Jonathon,

Those scenarios are not possible with only two forms.

You'll either need a separate form for each of the free trial periods, or you can try using a dynamic value in the shortcode for the trial period.

The problem with having different trial periods will be that those not using the coupon will have that trial which won't match with the regular term. So you'll need extra forms for those, or more PHP logic in the pro-form shortcode.

It might be a good idea to have a two-step process: 1) the gets the user to pick the plan he wants, or enter the coupon he has, and that takes him to the page with the pro-form, customized with those variables.

The multi-month free trial followed by regular billing is not currently possible.
Raam Dev || Wherever you are, be there. || Please rate s2Member!
Raam Dev
Developer
Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin