PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

How Do I Allow Existing Members To Upgrade, Pay Difference &

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

How Do I Allow Existing Members To Upgrade, Pay Difference &

Postby jlamarferren » January 16th, 2012, 10:33 pm

OK I really need some help. I have to get this resolved before 1/18/2012 due to a time constraint.

Here is my current setup.

I have s2member level 1 members that paid a one time fee of $26.00. This is our basic level.

My client wants to change the price of the basic level to $49.95 and then add a premium level of $89.95.

Essentially there will be a basic level ($49.95) and a premium level ($89.95).

With that said, for the people that got the basic level at $26, we want them to have the option to upgrade to the premium level, but we don't want them to have to pay $89.95. We want them to pay the difference, which would actually be $63.95.

We want them to upgrade whenever they want...unless it really really has to be a "must upgrade now" scenario.

We also want the members who paid for the basic level ($49.95) to be able to upgrade to the premium ($89.95) and pay the difference of $40.

Obviously we don't want the members who paid $26 to get access to the premium level for $40, as they would have to pay $63.95 because that would be their difference.

My overall question is... How the heck do I set this up? lol

We want this process to be automated, so users can decide whether or not they want to upgrade and when.

Please help! This was just told to me and I want to make sure I get it right.

Thanks,

JL
jlamarferren

Re: How Do I Allow Existing Members To Upgrade, Pay Differen

Postby Eduan » January 17th, 2012, 9:58 am

1. Set up the buttons and modification buttons following the instructions on the following videos:
http://www.s2member.com/paypal-options-buttons-video/
http://www.s2member.com/paypal-modifica ... ons-video/

2. You can use s2Member conditionals to decide which user level sees which buttons, you can find the shortcode versions under WP Admin -> s2Member -> API / Scripting -> Simple/Shortcode Conditionals.

You can find the PHP versions under WP Admin -> s2Member -> API / Scripting -> Advanced/PHP Conditionals. For these you will need the Exec-PHP plugin or any other WordPress plugin that allows you to insert PHP into posts/pages.

Hope this helps. :)
Now officially accepting Professional s2Member installations along with Bruce C (a.k.a. Ace).

If you're interested in a Professional s2Member Installation, or a Custom Coding Job, you can send your request here.
Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby jlamarferren » January 20th, 2012, 12:03 pm

Well I used the shortcode conditional and made 2 pages where a level 1 member would go to one check out page and a level 2 member would go to another. I tested this out with my own level 1 account and it worked. I tested level 2 and it worked. So I thought everthing was good. We released it to our membership based and they are all level 1 members.

I'm getting complaints that people can't see the video at all, yet the condditional is in there and they are level 1. Some people can see the video and have already upgraded accordingly. I don't understand why some can see it and some can't if they're all logging into the same site and on the same level.
jlamarferren

Postby jlamarferren » January 21st, 2012, 8:57 am

Disregard my previous comment. I discovered that members were logging into different areas of the site. They had to log into the main "wp-login.php" page in order to see the page I set up for them because I set up a "Login Welcome Page" which points to 3 different levels of Membership. My next step is to dig more into this shortcode/conditionals ordeal and make a static page that they can go to like s2member does for Pro Members when they login and see "My Account"
jlamarferren

Postby jlamarferren » January 21st, 2012, 8:58 am

Thank you Eduan for your help because I am really close to getting exactly what I need. Members are already upgrading so that is definitely in the right direction. Right now they only have the option on login. Once I figure out the static page I'm good to go. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again!
jlamarferren

Postby jlamarferren » January 24th, 2012, 2:01 pm

Finally figured it out! I used the modifcation buttons and the shortcode conditionals! Thanks so much Eduan
jlamarferren

Postby Eduan » January 24th, 2012, 2:08 pm

Great work! :)
Thanks for reporting back, really appreciate it. ;)
Now officially accepting Professional s2Member installations along with Bruce C (a.k.a. Ace).

If you're interested in a Professional s2Member Installation, or a Custom Coding Job, you can send your request here.
Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Return to s2Member Plugin