PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Adding Password Field to Pro Forms

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Adding Password Field to Pro Forms

Postby mb_011 » January 17th, 2012, 5:37 am

Hi all,

Im wondering if someone can help, Im looking for a way to enable the user to generate their own password, as appose to the system auto generating one for them

I've see the following code in the paypal-checkout-form.html file, but can for the life of me find how to enable it.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Matt

======================================================

<span>Password ( type this twice please ) *</span><br />
<input aria-required="true" type="password" maxlength="100" autocomplete="off" name="s2member_pro_paypal_checkout[password1]" id="s2member-pro-paypal-checkout-password1" class="s2member-pro-paypal-password1 s2member-pro-paypal-checkout-password1" value="%%password1_value%%" tabindex="50" />
</label>
<input type="password" maxlength="100" autocomplete="off" name="s2member_pro_paypal_checkout[password2]" id="s2member-pro-paypal-checkout-password2" class="s2member-pro-paypal-password2 s2member-pro-paypal-checkout-password2" value="%%password2_value%%" tabindex="60" />
<div id="s2member-pro-paypal-checkout-form-password-strength" class="ws-plugin--s2member-password-strength s2member-pro-paypal-form-password-strength s2member-pro-paypal-checkout-form-password-strength"><em>password strength indicator</em></div>
</div>

======================================================
mb_011

Re: Adding Password Field to Pro Forms

Postby Raam Dev » January 19th, 2012, 11:00 pm

Are you referring to letting the user create their own password? You can enable that here: WP Admin -> s2Member -> General Options -> Registration/Profile Fields & Options -> Allow Custom Passwords during Registration?
Raam Dev || Wherever you are, be there. || Please rate s2Member!
Raam Dev
Developer
Developer

Postby mb_011 » January 21st, 2012, 3:10 am

Hey,

Thanks for your quick response, that is what Im looking for, but Im actually using an old version of S2 member pro, and "Registration/Profile Fileds & Options" is not there.

Im using version: 110604

Would it be else where in this version?

Cheers
mb_011

Postby Eduan » January 21st, 2012, 9:45 am

I came to know s2Member after that version, so I don't know what to say about where to find it, still, could you please update to the latest s2Member version in order so that:
1. You are able to see this option.
2. You have the latest release with the latest security options and bug fixes.

You can check this post how to upgrade:
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=247

Hope this helps, and please tell me how it goes. :)
Now officially accepting Professional s2Member installations along with Bruce C (a.k.a. Ace).

If you're interested in a Professional s2Member Installation, or a Custom Coding Job, you can send your request here.
Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Return to s2Member Plugin