PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Email and auto return not working

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Email and auto return not working

Postby bobwp » January 17th, 2012, 11:26 am

I have installed the plugin and set everything up on the paypal end. But when I do a test registration,

1) I don't get the email sent to me with the registration info

2) and no redirect back to the site

when I go into the pp account under Website payment preferences, under the auto-return I am getting this message and wondering if it has something to do with my problems.

Return URL Requirements: The following items are required in order to set up Auto Return.

Per the user agreement, you must provide verbiage on the page displayed by the Return URL that will help the buyer understand that the payment has been made and that the transaction has been completed.
You must provide verbiage on the page displayed by the Return URL that explains that payment transaction details will be emailed to the buyer.
bobwp

Re: Email and auto return not working

Postby Raam Dev » January 19th, 2012, 11:28 pm

Hello,

To monitor exactly what emails WordPress/s2Member is sending out, I suggest installing the EMail Log plugin. If you discover that WordPress/s2Member is sending emails but you or your customer is not receiving the emails, I suggest installing and configuring the WP Mail SMTP plugin.

Many email issues are caused by mail servers not accepting emails sent from your server. To fix that, you can authenticate your sent emails by manually configuring WordPress to send emails using the SMTP server details for the "From" address you've configured in s2Member.

If you're using a Gmail account as your "From" address, you can configure the plugin with your Gmail SMTP details so that WordPress uses Google SMTP servers to send the email. You can get the SMTP details for Gmail here: http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answ ... swer=78799

For the problem redirecting back to your site after payment, please double-check that you've followed the directions for configuration under WP Admin -> s2Member -> PayPal Options -> PayPal IPN Integration and WP Admin -> s2Member -> PayPal Options -> PayPal PDT/Auto-Return Integration.
Raam Dev || Wherever you are, be there. || Please rate s2Member!
Raam Dev
Developer
Developer

Re: Email and auto return not working

Postby bobwp » January 21st, 2012, 4:18 pm

Thanks, it seems to suddenly be working as I have had several people sign up and they are registered, which means they must have gotten the email... thanks though! And yes, will install the log plugin : )
bobwp

Return to s2Member Plugin