PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

404 error message page upon logout

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

404 error message page upon logout

Postby GoDonnybrook » January 17th, 2012, 2:59 pm

Hi guys,

I'm really excited about using this plugin! But first, I have some glitches that I didn't find when searching the forums.

Whenever a user logs out, it redirects to a 404 error message page that says "sorry, but you are looking for something that is not there." I'm attaching a screenshot.

I also got redirected to that error page after a user posted a topic in the forums (courtesy of bbpress plugin). The forum topic was posted successfully, however.

I have a lot of plugins integrating here, and that could be the issue. I am using S2Member with bbpress and ALSO the WP-FB-Autoconnect plugin. To make matters worse, I'm kind of a laymen at this stuff. In over my head! Any help you can give would be amazing.

http://www.GoDonnybrook.com
Attachments
Picture 5.png
GoDonnybrook

Re: 404 error message page upon logout

Postby Raam Dev » January 19th, 2012, 11:54 pm

Glad to hear you're enjoying the plugin! :)

The first thing I'd suggest is disabling the other plugins and testing with just s2Member + bbPress to rule out any plugin conflicts. It's easy to end up running in circles troubleshooting only to discover in the end that a plugin was causing a strange conflict!

Also, have you read all the inline-documentation in WP Admin -> s2Member -> Other Integrations -> bbPress Plugin Integration?
Raam Dev || Wherever you are, be there. || Please rate s2Member!
Raam Dev
Developer
Developer

Postby GoDonnybrook » January 20th, 2012, 12:12 pm

Thanks Raam! I have visited that bbPress Plugin Integration page and clicked the button to integrate. Now it's time for me to ask a very basic question so sorry in advance: about the nature of plugins, if I deactivate them, will their configurations typically stay the same? Does it depend on the plugin? I'm worried because I have like 23 active plugins on my site.
GoDonnybrook

Postby Cristián Lávaque » January 23rd, 2012, 12:58 am

That depends on each plugin. For example, s2Member has a deactivation safeguard setting that lets you save or lose all the plugin's data. Some plugins will leave the data and others will just delete everything without giving you a choice.

Your safest bet is to clone the site to have a copy to work on, then if something goes wrong you're back to where you are now, and you'll know what went well and what wrong, so you can do it again avoiding trouble.

Short of that, you can just create a backup and work on your current copy, then if something goes wrong you can restore the backup.

I hope that helps. :)
Cristián Lávaque http://s2member.net
Is s2Member working for you? Please rate it Image at WordPress.org. Thanks! :)
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Postby GoDonnybrook » January 27th, 2012, 12:30 pm

I deactivated the bbpress plugin, and the error messages stopped - now they're taken to the right place after logout (the login page). For now, I'm just eliminating bbpress altogether because the forums aren't all that important to me.

Thanks for the help!
GoDonnybrook

Return to s2Member Plugin