PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

s2Member® API / Tracking, Signup Tracking Codes, Not Working

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

s2Member® API / Tracking, Signup Tracking Codes, Not Working

Postby OWeekly » January 20th, 2012, 6:33 am

s2Member® API / Tracking
Signup Tracking Codes
s2Member will display your Signup Tracking Codes in one of four possible locations... 1. If possible, on the Thank-You Return Page, after returning from your Payment Gateway. 2. Otherwise, if possible, on the Registration Form, after returning from your Payment Gateway. Note. If you offer a 100% free Trial Period, Tracking Codes will be displayed in location #2 when using PayPal® Standard Button integration. 3. Otherwise, if possible, on the Login Form after Registration is completed. 4. Otherwise, in the footer of your WordPress® theme, as soon as possible ( immediately with s2Member Pro Form integration ); or after the Customer's very first login.

Hi guys,

I have been a user of s2member for almost a year now. Everything is great.. Until recently when I integrated IDEV affiliate program, did I started to realise, that after almost one year, my Signup Tracking Codes functions are actually not working.

I just tested Specific Post/Page Tracking Codes and this one work just fine.

But I am not sure why the Signup Tracking Codes is not working...

I need help please. My site is http://optionsweekly.org/

I tried to test many times to fulfil the 4 places where it might be placed to be activated as per the quoted 4 places.. But no success..

I tried to signup via http://optionsweekly.org/14-days-free-t ... ch-testers and went thru the whole process. And after payment at Paypal, I was redirected to http://optionsweekly.org/14-days-free-t ... 9JL357723C which loaded partially. (this happened everytime i tried) see attached Problem 2.png

So please any help from the mods would be great!

Thanks.

Allan
Attachments
Problem2.png
s2member rocks!

Allan
OWeekly

Re: s2Member® API / Tracking, Signup Tracking Codes, Not Wor

Postby Cristián Lávaque » January 20th, 2012, 10:13 pm

Hi Allan.

Could you please post the log entries related to your test, x'ing out any private info? WP Admin -> s2Member -> PayPal Options -> Account Details -> Enable Logging

Thanks!
Cristián Lávaque http://s2member.net
Is s2Member working for you? Please rate it Image at WordPress.org. Thanks! :)
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Postby OWeekly » January 21st, 2012, 2:47 am

Cristian,

Thanks for your reply..

I am not sure what are the private info, so I have attached a file here.

The test was done on 19 and 20 Jan, some transactions went thru ok, are the items which are "item_name=Personalized Coaching By John"

The one with problems are the subscription ones.

Thank you
Attachments
API Log.txt
(445.38 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
s2member rocks!

Allan
OWeekly

Postby Cristián Lávaque » January 22nd, 2012, 8:53 pm

Thanks Allan. Could you also post the other log files? There should be RTN and IPN logs too. Thanks!

Private info would be the customer's names and email address, for example.
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Postby OWeekly » January 23rd, 2012, 12:37 am

Hi Cristian,

Attached are the files.

Thanks

Cristián Lávaque wrote:Thanks Allan. Could you also post the other log files? There should be RTN and IPN logs too. Thanks!

Attachments
RTN Log.txt
(8.98 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
IPN Log.txt
(12.42 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
s2member rocks!

Allan
OWeekly

Postby OWeekly » January 27th, 2012, 3:28 am

Bump.
s2member rocks!

Allan
OWeekly

Postby OWeekly » January 30th, 2012, 6:48 pm

Hi Cristian,

Any luck?

Cristián Lávaque wrote:Thanks Allan. Could you also post the other log files? There should be RTN and IPN logs too. Thanks!

s2member rocks!

Allan
OWeekly

Postby Cristián Lávaque » January 31st, 2012, 2:33 am

Very sorry, missed your replies. Got the logs, I don't see yet what the problem could be.

Could you post a screenshot(s) of your iDevAffiliate integration?
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Postby OWeekly » January 31st, 2012, 3:41 am

Cristian,

Thanks for getting back on this.

For demonstration /testing purposes, I used the same tracking code for both Specific Post and Signup Tracking... So when I did the actual process of buying for access for specific page, the tracking code was loaded after the purchase was done (paypal etc) and the idevaffiliate recorded that sale. But when I tried to do the signup, even after the purchase process was completed, I get payment notifications, signup notifications, registration notifications, but I know that the tracking code was not loaded, as idevaffiliate did not record it as a sale.

The problem is not on the idevaffiliate integration, its more of an s2member issue, that the signup tracking portion were not being loaded, due to whatever reasons.

Screenshots available.
Tracking APIscreen.png

Tracking APIscreen2.png

And also, I noticed that even though i used this paypal shortcode.

Code: Select all
[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="2" ccaps="" desc="Pay $149.95 USD / Monthly ( recurring charge, for ongoing access )" ps="paypal" cc="USD" ns="1" custom="optionsweekly.org" ta="0.00" tp="0" tt="D" ra="2.15" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" accept="paypal" accept_via_paypal="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" success="http://optionsweekly.org/thank-you-2/" /]

I was not redirected to the http://optionsweekly.org/thank-you-2/ after the sale.

Instead I see this screen (Signup Error3.png) half loaded, after i was redirected from Paypal right after payments.

Signup Error3.png

Any help would be appreciated.

PS: Do you think a reinstallation would help? So if I were to delete all files plugins of s2member and s2member pro, + s2clean theme, and get a new installation, and simply import my existing WP database, would it be ok?

Cristián Lávaque wrote:Very sorry, missed your replies. Got the logs, I don't see yet what the problem could be.

Could you post a screenshot(s) of your iDevAffiliate integration?
s2member rocks!

Allan
OWeekly

Postby Eduan » January 31st, 2012, 6:07 pm

Could you please try doing the plugin/theme test I told you how to do on your other post?

Thanks!
Now officially accepting Professional s2Member installations along with Bruce C (a.k.a. Ace).

If you're interested in a Professional s2Member Installation, or a Custom Coding Job, you can send your request here.
Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby OWeekly » January 31st, 2012, 7:22 pm

Hi Eduan,
Very strange...
I installed the plugin as you suggested (Plugin Organizer) and after i activated it, http://optionsweekly.org/wp-admin/plugins.php loads a blank page...
Same for http://optionsweekly.org/wp-admin/edit.php
Same for http://optionsweekly.org/wp-admin/edit. ... _type=page

It seems that anything that is related to this plugin will not load on browser...

Guys, do you think I should just try to reinstall s2m + s2m pro + s2clean?

Eduan wrote:Could you please try doing the plugin/theme test I told you how to do on your other post?

Thanks!
s2member rocks!

Allan
OWeekly

Postby OWeekly » January 31st, 2012, 7:26 pm

How should i go about doing the reinstall and now losting the settings, database etc?

Please help thanks. I wish to complete the reinstall by Thursday.
s2member rocks!

Allan
OWeekly

Postby Eduan » January 31st, 2012, 8:02 pm

The plugin organizer plugin problem could be a plugin incompatibility with the plugin organizer.

In other words, there is a plugin that causes incompatibility with this plugin. It may be the same that causes the incompatibility issues with s2Member.

Hope this helps. :)
Now officially accepting Professional s2Member installations along with Bruce C (a.k.a. Ace).

If you're interested in a Professional s2Member Installation, or a Custom Coding Job, you can send your request here.
Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby OWeekly » January 31st, 2012, 8:43 pm

Hi Eduan,

I have deleted this plugin. I have also deactivated all plugins except for s2member, and the top navigation bar is universal for all pages now. So now i will try to do a purchase transaction. Then i will be checking which plugin is affecting..

Thanks very much..

Eduan wrote:The plugin organizer plugin problem could be a plugin incompatibility with the plugin organizer.

In other words, there is a plugin that causes incompatibility with this plugin. It may be the same that causes the incompatibility issues with s2Member.

Hope this helps. :)
s2member rocks!

Allan
OWeekly

Postby Eduan » January 31st, 2012, 8:47 pm

OK. Keep us updated. ;)

Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby OWeekly » January 31st, 2012, 11:46 pm

Autopsy Report

It seems that both the problems at viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16950 and viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16948 revolves around the same root of the problem.

The culprit is ....... *drum rolls .... Wordpress Super Cache

WPCach.png

On its description it reads:

WP Super Cache gets around that. When it is installed, html files are generated and they are served without ever invoking a single line of PHP. How fast can your site serve graphic files? That’s (almost) as fast it will be able to serve these cached files. If your site is struggling to cope with the daily number of visitors, or if your site appears on Digg.com, Slashdot or any other popular site then this plugin is for you.

So i guess that did not help to load some php codes, that are critical to the many functions of s2member.

After removing the WP-Super-Cache, the site went back to normal functional state. My idevaff tracking code loads and the idevaff records the sale, and the thank you page was loaded after redirected from Paypal, and the top navigation menu is now universal for all pages/post/category pages.

Case Closed!!!

Special Thanks to Cristian and Eduan for the excellent help/support they rendered. I am very very grateful to both of you. Can I buy you both a beer or 2 somehow? Private msg me how I can do that. :D

Eduan wrote:OK. Keep us updated. ;)
s2member rocks!

Allan
OWeekly

Postby Eduan » February 1st, 2012, 8:56 am

Good job finding it! :D

Also, glad I was able to help. :)

You might wanna try, if you want or need a cache plugin, you might wanna try the Quick Cache plugin, by Jason. It's been thoroughly tested and coded to work with s2Member. I hope you like it. :)

Also, you don't need to repay us, it's our job (my hobby :P ) to help people. :)

Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby OWeekly » February 1st, 2012, 11:42 am

Kudos!!!

Eduan wrote:Good job finding it! :D

Also, glad I was able to help. :)

You might wanna try, if you want or need a cache plugin, you might wanna try the Quick Cache plugin, by Jason. It's been thoroughly tested and coded to work with s2Member. I hope you like it. :)

Also, you don't need to repay us, it's our job (my hobby :P ) to help people. :)
s2member rocks!

Allan
OWeekly

Postby Cristián Lávaque » February 3rd, 2012, 12:49 am

Thanks for the kudos, Allan! I'm so glad you found the conflicting plugin. :)

I agree with Eduán, for caching, Quick Cache is an excellent choice. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/quick-cache/
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin