PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Merging Mailchimp EOT Info to Existing DB in S2

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Merging Mailchimp EOT Info to Existing DB in S2

Postby bitofgrace » January 20th, 2012, 10:18 pm

Hi.
I'm in a tough spot. Because of time constraints I had to Mailchimp invite my user base (10,000) with a link to free registration, without pre-filled forms in place.

So my dilemma now is how to match up the EOT info that the Mailchimp list already has with the csv that S2 creates. (or how to match it up in the live info of the DB)

EOT is the most crucial part of my info, but 2nd most is the users registration code , which also exists in Mailchimp already. Because some users clicked through to the form but used different email addresses, the registration code from Mailchimp data is the most reliable to match and EOT to.

I'm swamped and could really use a point in the right direction without having to sit and manually match the rows myself.

-grace
bitofgrace

Re: Merging Mailchimp EOT Info to Existing DB in S2

Postby Cristián Lávaque » January 22nd, 2012, 10:45 pm

Hi Grace.

Let me see if I understand. Your MailChimp list doesn't have the same users as your WordPress installation, right? Then sorting both list by a common field still won't match them.

Do both lists have a field in common with the same exact value to match the users between the lists? Could you quote examples please?
Cristián Lávaque http://s2member.net
Is s2Member working for you? Please rate it Image at WordPress.org. Thanks! :)
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Re: Merging Mailchimp EOT Info to Existing DB in S2

Postby bitofgrace » January 22nd, 2012, 10:55 pm

Hi Cristian :)
It's been a super fast paced weekend! My Mailchimp list was for inviting a bulk of our pre-existing 10,000 users.
Since the list was maintained over a course of years folks were given the opportunity to activate their registrations in the new system with any email they preferred so long as they kept the existing regcode.

so i was left with a required field for regcode in the free registration form.. that i had no way of validating against the Mailchimp list of regcodes.

What i ended up doing was export all registered users, (and routinely since then) and running a =vlookup formula against the list of valid regcodes/expiry dates so that each user could have the appropriate EOT added to their registration. Thank goodness for great Excel functions!

-grace
bitofgrace

Return to s2Member Plugin