PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

URGENT: s2 Login widget is not requiring password!

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Postby bitofgrace » January 21st, 2012, 8:53 am

I thought all was fine - mainly because for all my accounts in my system i had auto password functionality in the browsers.

We had an influx of about 2,000 members overnight and many have pointed out that the login is not requiring any input in the Password field... at all! : /

I've removed all the login widgets from the site, to try and tackle the Why Not, ad not expose user's info to other users.

PLEASE ADVISE ASAP.

The only login i was using on the buddypress site was the sidebar s2 Login Widget.
bitofgrace

Re: URGENT: s2 Login widget is not requiring password!

Postby Eduan » January 22nd, 2012, 7:54 am

Could you try making a compatibility test with the other plugins and themes? It might be a conflicting theme the one causing the problems.

Just disable each plugin one by one (without including s2Member) until the problem goes away. If you can't make the changes site-wide because you already have users or somethings like that, you can use the Plugin Organizer plugin if you want in order to only disable the plugin on the page with the problem.

Also could you please try changing the theme to the default one (TwentyEleven)? And see if it works after that. Again, if you can't disable the theme in a site-wide manner you can use the Page Theme plugin in order to change the theme to the default theme in a specific page.

You should try one at a time in order to make sure you find the correct problem.

Another fast way is to deactivate all the plugins (not s2Member) and change back to the default theme (TwentyEleven), and then clear your browser's cache. See if the problem goes away, if it does, then activate each plugin one per one until the problem appears again, then the theme you were using, that should show up the criminal.

If you find the criminal, could you please tell me which plugin/theme was causing the problems? Thanks.

Please tell me how it goes and I hope this helps. :)
Now officially accepting Professional s2Member installations along with Bruce C (a.k.a. Ace).

If you're interested in a Professional s2Member Installation, or a Custom Coding Job, you can send your request here.
Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby bitofgrace » January 22nd, 2012, 8:11 am

Hi Eduan -thanks for the response.
It was truly URGENT - since there are thousands of brand new live users in and out of the system so I couldnt go wrecking the site while they were live.

I received awesome, and FAST help from the WordpressBoys! Within 45 mins they had it under control and running smoothly again. DPR Wordpress User Management is incompatible with S2. But you'd just never know it if you never try to enter without typing in a password. Public had full access to admin, thank God they didnt know it!

-grace
bitofgrace

Postby Eduan » January 22nd, 2012, 8:45 am

OK, thanks for reporting back!

I'm glad you were able to solve the problem. :)
Now officially accepting Professional s2Member installations along with Bruce C (a.k.a. Ace).

If you're interested in a Professional s2Member Installation, or a Custom Coding Job, you can send your request here.
Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Return to s2Member Plugin