PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Wierd redirect of home page to the join now page

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Wierd redirect of home page to the join now page

Postby groovie1 » January 21st, 2012, 7:30 pm

We're getting ready to move our site from one environment to another at Rackspace (from Cloud Sites to Cloud Servers).

Our developers have copied all of the code over to the new Linux server...

But the home page is redirecting to the 'join now' page, with lots of s2member tracking variables on the query string at the end.... see below:

http://och.artifextech.com/join-now/?_s2member_seeking[type]=ruri&_s2member_seeking[ruri]=Lw%3D%3D&_s2member_seeking[_uri]=Lw%3D%3D&_s2member_req[type]=level&_s2member_req[level]=0&_s2member_res[type]=sys&s2member_seeking=ruri-Lw%3D%3D&s2member_level_req=0

Also, if you’re logged in, it’s not an issue. It seemed to be pointing back to something in s2member.

Do you have any thoughts as to what might be causing this problem, and what I can do to remedy it?

Thanks.
Steve
groovie1

Re: Wierd redirect of home page to the join now page

Postby Eduan » January 22nd, 2012, 7:53 am

Could you try making a compatibility test with the other plugins and themes? It might be a conflicting theme the one causing the problems.

Just disable each plugin one by one (without including s2Member) until the problem goes away. If you can't make the changes site-wide because you already have users or somethings like that, you can use the Plugin Organizer plugin if you want in order to only disable the plugin on the page with the problem.

Also could you please try changing the theme to the default one (TwentyEleven)? And see if it works after that. Again, if you can't disable the theme in a site-wide manner you can use the Page Theme plugin in order to change the theme to the default theme in a specific page.

You should try one at a time in order to make sure you find the correct problem.

Another fast way is to deactivate all the plugins (not s2Member) and change back to the default theme (TwentyEleven), and then clear your browser's cache. See if the problem goes away, if it does, then activate each plugin one per one until the problem appears again, then the theme you were using, that should show up the criminal.

If you find the criminal, could you please tell me which plugin/theme was causing the problems? Thanks.

Please tell me how it goes and I hope this helps. :)
Now officially accepting Professional s2Member installations along with Bruce C (a.k.a. Ace).

If you're interested in a Professional s2Member Installation, or a Custom Coding Job, you can send your request here.
Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby Cristián Lávaque » January 22nd, 2012, 5:40 pm

Is your home page static? The vars in that URL you posted indicate that it's restricted with the URI restriction. Could you check if you find what rule you added there that could be causing this? WP Admin -> s2Member -> Restriction Options -> URI
Cristián Lávaque http://s2member.net
Is s2Member working for you? Please rate it Image at WordPress.org. Thanks! :)
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Postby groovie1 » January 24th, 2012, 12:19 pm

Thanks Cristian and Eduan. There wasn't a problem with the URI restriction, and our programmers have also disconnected all plugins per Eduan's suggestion above. Still the problem persists.

We need a solid WP programmer that has lots of s2 experience to assist us. Our developers say that s2m is too finicky for them to deal with. We tried Ace, and he did some good work, but he went AWOL several times and problems persist so we need someone else. Can you recommend someone?

Thanks!
groovie1

Postby Cristián Lávaque » January 24th, 2012, 3:38 pm

Got ya. Hmm... Ah, I re-read your URL with the MOP vars and see another var that mentions a systematic restriction: _s2member_res[type]=sys. WP Admin -> s2Member -> API / Scripting -> Membership Options Page Variables

This indicates s2Member's (sys) Systematic routine prevented access to the home page of your site. This could be caused by having your posts page or your front page in WordPress configured in a way that conflicts with s2Member.

This video may help: http://www.s2member.com/content-restric ... ble-video/

For freelancers you could try oDesk.com, eLance.com, jobs.wordpress.net...

I hopw that helps. :)
Cristián Lávaque http://s2member.net
Is s2Member working for you? Please rate it Image at WordPress.org. Thanks! :)
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Postby groovie1 » January 24th, 2012, 3:47 pm

Cristian:

The programmer says this doesn't apply in this case. Here is his reply. What next?

"I watched the video and it doesn’t apply here. The entire premise of that video is if your homepage is designated as an actual page, which it isn’t. On your site, the homepage is just a home.php page within your site’s template and under “Reading Settings”, your homepage is set to “Show Latest Posts”. Back to the drawing board. Ugh. You can pass this along to Jason if you think it’ll do some good."
groovie1

Postby Jason Caldwell » January 24th, 2012, 5:06 pm

Thanks for bringing this thread to my attention.

Please ask your developer to look inside this s2Member distribution file, for a list of all possible ways in which s2Member can think that a section of your site is a Systematic Use Page, which is apparently what's forcing this redirection to occur. See: /s2member/includes/classes/systematics.inc.php

You mentioned that it's working fine on your existing installation, and I can confirm this in my tests. So it sounds like something in your new environment is triggering something in that file.

I've also seen this occur whenever custom code is introduced, which might call upon one of s2Member's PHP Systematic routines too early, resulting in false positives. But that should only occur if there has been custom code introduced in specific ways which would create a conflict.

If problems persist. Please post a full list of details related to your WordPress installation, including all other plugins (including any custom code) you're running, what version of WordPress you're using, and the version of s2Member you're running with, along with the Payment Gateway you're integrating with.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin