PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

How do I find my members' EOT (end of term) dates?

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

How do I find my members' EOT (end of term) dates?

Postby divagrrl27 » January 23rd, 2012, 1:58 pm

s2Member doesn't seem to show the EOT date for members. How do I know when their term expires?

I have members who may be interested in extending, but before they do they want to know when their current term expires. In some cases I manually added months to their term, then they bought additional months, and now I have NO IDEA when their terms actually end.

This info must be in a database somewhere, right? How do I find it????

Thanks
Melissa
divagrrl27

Re: How do I find my members' EOT (end of term) dates?

Postby zielakxar » January 23rd, 2012, 2:09 pm

Go to your Dashboard >users. Click on user u want to check, and see under Automatic EOT Time: section.
I think this shoud be it.

Here is what says [?] Help for this element:
"EOT = End Of Term. ( i.e. Account Expiration / Termination. ).

If you leave this empty, s2Member will configure an EOT Time automatically, based on the paid Subscription associated with this account. In other words, if a paid Subscription expires, is cancelled, terminated, refunded, reversed, or charged back to you; s2Member will deal with the EOT automatically.

That being said, if you would rather take control over this, you can. If you type in a date manually, s2Member will obey the Auto-EOT Time that you've given, no matter what. In other words, you can force certain Members to expire automatically, at a time that you specify. s2Member will obey."
zielakxar

Postby divagrrl27 » January 23rd, 2012, 2:14 pm

Thanks zielakxar, but the reason I posted this is that the EOT field is BLANK inside Dashboard > Users.

Only if you type a date in by hand does an EOT date appear. Otherwise it is totally blank. There's no way to tell when a member's EOT date is unless you set it manually, which is a big problem...

I really need to know when the AUTOMATIC EOT dates are. s2Member does not show this, but it must be in a database somewhere!!!
divagrrl27

Postby zielakxar » January 23rd, 2012, 2:41 pm

If you have acces to admin php database then chceck wp_usermeta table for field "meta_key" named "wp_s2member_auto_eot_time". This is where i've found my eot data. Normally it shoud be displayed in Dashboard>users. If that information wont be in database then it is possible that user simply doesnt have it (eg his acces is not limited by time at all).
Last edited by zielakxar on January 23rd, 2012, 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zielakxar

Postby divagrrl27 » January 23rd, 2012, 2:45 pm

Um... I'm not a coder. I have access to my site files on the server via my host's cPanel, but have no idea how to find admin php database.

I'll poke around and see what I can find. I'm really amazed that s2Member hides this info so thoroughly! It would seem to be such a basic requirement for any site admin to have quick access to member EOT dates!!!
divagrrl27

Postby divagrrl27 » January 23rd, 2012, 2:51 pm

I can find no file "wp_usermeta" Would the file have a different name?
divagrrl27

Postby zielakxar » January 23rd, 2012, 2:52 pm

As i was saying s2 member doesnt hide this information ... unles some sort of bug occured. I'm not an expert - just recent user who is trying to help others while his own problem is waiting for sollution :)

This is how php my admin looks on bluehost : you shoud have something similar on ur cPanel:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/27 ... 02mnm.jpg/
zielakxar

Postby divagrrl27 » January 23rd, 2012, 2:59 pm

Thank you for the screenshot! That at least gives me a place to look -- MUCH appreciated!!!

FYI, my EOT fields are all totally blank, unless I have already manually entered a different EOT date. :-\
divagrrl27

Postby divagrrl27 » January 23rd, 2012, 3:06 pm

Thank you for the screenshot! That at least gives me a place to look -- MUCH appreciated!!!

FYI, my EOT fields are all totally blank, unless I have already manually entered a different EOT date. :-\

---

I did manage to locate a database, but still cannot find an EOT date. I'm attaching a screenshot here.

I see "demoted by s2Member: Sun Nov 6, 2011 8:10 pm UTC," for example, but that appears in Admin > User, and doesn't tell me the EOT date.

Melissa
Attachments
Picture 35.png
divagrrl27

Postby zielakxar » January 23rd, 2012, 3:16 pm

for me it looks like this :
http://i42.tinypic.com/4jrgx3.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/1426fzp.jpg

I belive the numeric value is somehow processed to date (dont ask how - i have no idea :D) but if u dont have it then as far as i know your users wont have a time limitation at all. (again i;m no expert)
How did you configure your time limitation for paid users ? Used pro forms ?

If yes check your form shortcode. Example:
[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="1" ccaps="" desc="Trail / Description and pricing details here." ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.mysite.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="0.01" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /]

this shows a buy 1 month button. It is configured in those lines : rp="1" rt="M"
for example this : rp="3" rt="W"" woud be 3 weeks button.
make sure you dont have rp="1" rt="L" wich is a lifetime setting and that woud probably create empty EOT
zielakxar

Postby divagrrl27 » January 24th, 2012, 1:07 pm

Thank you for the screenshots, z! If I understood the numeric value that would be of tremendous use. I wish someone who actually works here would chime in -- I've been trying to get an answer to this question for weeks, and honestly if any other membership site plugin worked with BuddyPress this one issue would probably make me switch. I really can't believe they HIDE this info!

As for configuring time limitation, I don't have pro forms -- I'm using the free version still because I don't have an SSL certif. on this domain (it's not the primary domain on the hosting acct) and I'm trying to avoid paying for a new hosting acct. plus the additional $30/mo for PayPal recurring payments (or whatever it's called) until I have more income to justify it.

I am just so freakin' annoyed that I have to DECODE something in order to determine the EOT! This should be the FIRST thing I see when I look at a member's profile, not something hidden under obscure code...

Excuse my rant. I'm just really frustrated.
divagrrl27

Postby Cristián Lávaque » January 26th, 2012, 3:21 am

I can understand you're frustrated. Here, I posted an explanation on EOTs in my reply to your other thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16992&p=61591#p61591

I hope that helps. :)
Cristián Lávaque http://s2member.net
Is s2Member working for you? Please rate it Image at WordPress.org. Thanks! :)
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin