PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Please help me with EOT/end of term problems

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Please help me with EOT/end of term problems

Postby divagrrl27 » January 23rd, 2012, 2:43 pm

I posted elsewhere but have yet to receive a reply on this, and it is becoming increasingly urgent as members need info from me to determine whether/when they will renew.

I understand I can manually change the EOT date inside Admin > Users. HOWEVER, what I don't understand is how s2Member handles manual EOT date changes + automatic renewal extensions combined. Please help!

Here's a sample scenario:

Member purchases a 3-month membership on November 1 (EOT is automatically set to end of January). Then because of some bonus, on December 1, I "manually-extend" the membership by 3 months by typing in an EOT of, say, April 30.

What happens if I remove the typed-in EOT on December 2? Does s2Member still "know" that the EOT is April 30, or does it revert to thinking the EOT is end of January?

And what if I remove the typed-in EOT on March 15? Or April 3? Does s2Member now "think" that the member's membership has expired?

MEANWHILE: I had a few other members who extended their memberships via a PayPal purchase, but since there is nothing in the EOT field, I have no way of knowing if their EOT did actually change.

There must be a database that has this info, right? Where is it? I've had problems with members NOT being added to my AWeber list when they were supposed to, so I'm skeptical that s2Member is logging member extensions as it's supposed to, and I don't want annoyed members knocking on my door because they got locked out before the term they paid for!

I hope this makes sense... I'm finding it really challenging to explain this, but I'm also having a hard time believing this issue has not been brought up before... Seems pretty basic to want to see an EOT for every member.

Thank you for any help you can provide. This is a hugely frustrating issue.
Thanks!
divagrrl27

Re: Please help me with EOT/end of term problems

Postby Cristián Lávaque » January 26th, 2012, 3:07 am

Raam posted this in your other thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16853&p=60913#p61497

When you have a subscription, a recurring profile in PayPal, s2Member doesn't have an EOT, PayPal only lets s2Member know the EOT time once the subscription is ended in some way. That's why the user's profile has an empty EOT in WordPress, because the subscription is still going.

For Buy Now transactions, though, PayPal notifies s2Member immediately and this is added to the user's profile. With Buy Now transactions, if the user pays for more time with one of the buttons integrated with s2Member, then s2Member would add that extra time to the existing paid time when updating the EOT, depending on the value of this setting: WP Admin -> s2Member -> PayPal Options -> Automatic EOT Behavior -> Fixed-Term Extensions

If the user pays more over at PayPal, there's nothing that will let s2Member know that that happened, though. You need to have them do those things through your buttons that are integrated with s2Member. If they choose to do it over at PayPal instead, then you'll have to update the EOT manually.

Regarding the AWeber problem with users not being added when they were supposed to, could you give more information please?

What level did the user have, what level did he get? Was he a new user, or an existing one that upgraded the account?

What AWeber lists did you assign to those levels? WP Admin -> s2Member -> API / List Servers -> AWeber

Do you automate list transitions? WP Admin -> s2Member -> API / List Servers -> Automate

Do you have a checkbox to opt-in on registration? Did he check it? Did he confirm his subscription to the list? WP Admin -> s2Member -> API / List Servers -> Registration / Double Opt-In

Could you enable logging so we start getting a log of your list server integration? WP Admin -> s2Member -> PayPal Options -> Account Details -> Enable Logging

I hope that helps. :)
Cristián Lávaque http://s2member.net
Is s2Member working for you? Please rate it Image at WordPress.org. Thanks! :)
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin