PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Paypal ... how to avoid registration at the end.

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Paypal ... how to avoid registration at the end.

Postby skerozzo » January 24th, 2012, 2:52 am

Hi, sorry for my bad English.

I have tried the standard solution for paypal (with a button). I see that a customer paies and AFTER that he's required to register for the website. I don't think this is a great solution so I would like avoiding this.
I would like customer to be registered BEFORE the checkout. What it's not clear is... how s2member understand that there is a link between the user logged-in and the person who made the payment ? I know that with s2member pro you can use a single pro-form that does all the job... but how do you do that without a pro-form ?

Oh my God, I hope my question is clear :)
skerozzo

Re: Paypal ... how to avoid registration at the end.

Postby Eduan » January 24th, 2012, 1:09 pm

So your question is.

How can you have users register BEFORE they pay, is this correct?

If so, then you can allow them to register at level 0, and then in the login welcome page/membership options page put them the PayPal button in order to pay. This will allow the user to register, and then pay. This would only work with Buy-now buttons.

The way s2Member knows the user paid in order to allow him to create an account is through a special (encrypted code) that comes with the URL once the user paid.
So they pay at checkout, and they're redirected to a page which recognizes they paid (through the URL).

I hope this isn't too confusing and I hope this helps. :)
Now officially accepting Professional s2Member installations along with Bruce C (a.k.a. Ace).

If you're interested in a Professional s2Member Installation, or a Custom Coding Job, you can send your request here.
Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby skerozzo » January 25th, 2012, 1:45 am

Thanks Eduan, have a nice day!
skerozzo

Postby Eduan » January 25th, 2012, 7:43 am

You're welcome!

Glad I was able to help. :)

If you need anything else just ask. ;)
Now officially accepting Professional s2Member installations along with Bruce C (a.k.a. Ace).

If you're interested in a Professional s2Member Installation, or a Custom Coding Job, you can send your request here.
Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Return to s2Member Plugin