PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Registration Email Wont Display First Name

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Registration Email Wont Display First Name

Postby mfroseth » January 24th, 2012, 2:35 pm

Hello,
I'm trying to figure out why when users register and they receive the welcome email that it doesn't display the first name?

I'm using this as the variable: %%user_first_name%%

It doesn't work. Nor does user_last_name, user_full_name

Am I missing something?
mfroseth

Re: Registration Email Wont Display First Name

Postby Bruce C » January 24th, 2012, 3:32 pm

Hi,

Is it showing nothing in place of %%user_first_name%%, or simply just showing the replacement code?

If it's coming up blank, then it might be a problem with how they sign up, if they're not entering their name, or if you're creating the users in the WordPress Dashboard, then sometimes the name will not be entered.

Can you try making a new user in /wp-login.php?action=register and making sure that you fill out the username and see if the email does it correctly that way?

Otherwise, it may be a problem with the column name in your mySQL setup, or something more advanced.

If it's simply showing the replacement code, then I would ensure you're using two "%", if it still persists, have you made any changes to your php.ini file or .htaccess file that could possibly have affected the way the function str_replace in PHP works?
~Bruce ( a.k.a. Ace )

If you're interested in a Professional Installation, or Custom Coding Job, you can send your request here.

Proud Supporter of:
The Zeitgeist Movement
and Occupy Everything
Bruce C
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby mfroseth » January 24th, 2012, 3:40 pm

It's just coming up blank as if nothing was put in the field. I've actually ran a few test registrations and although I put First Name & Last Name in each field they do not register with the database.

It's a bit weird though because if I look at the Display Name in WP-Admin>Users it shows the first name? Thought I only inserted my first name in one field (First Name)

Where would I find the column name in phpmyadmin?
mfroseth

Postby Bruce C » January 24th, 2012, 3:47 pm

If it is showing up in the WordPress Dashboard, then it must be a problem with the call ONLY in s2Member.

Can you try putting this shortcode in a Post on your Dashboard? It should bring up the firstname of the account you're in, and if it doesn't then something has gone wrong with your setup of s2Member, or possibly, there's something wrong with your $_SESSION variables. It's hard to tell.

[s2Get constant="S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_FIRST_NAME" /]
~Bruce ( a.k.a. Ace )

If you're interested in a Professional Installation, or Custom Coding Job, you can send your request here.

Proud Supporter of:
The Zeitgeist Movement
and Occupy Everything
Bruce C
Experienced User
Experienced User

Return to s2Member Plugin