PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Error Message Help

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Error Message Help

Postby allison » January 24th, 2012, 9:06 pm

I just recently started requiring a paid membership to my site using s2Member Plugin. 2 of my 175 members have reported this Error --
503: Service Temporarily Unavailable
Too many IP addresses accessing one secure area!
Please contact Support if you need assistance.

Any insights? I'm hoping to grow the site to 1000 members
allison

Re: Error Message Help

Postby Eduan » January 24th, 2012, 10:19 pm

Check the settings under WP Admin -> s2Member -> Restriction Options -> Unique IP Access Restrictions, and also check under WP Admin -> s2Member -> Restriction Options -> Brute Force IP/Login Restrictions.

Configure everything there, I don't recommend you disable the restrictions though, just configure it correctly.

Then, find the user which is getting the errors (you can do that under WP Admin -> Users -> All Users), click edit, in the s2Member section of the user info, find the fields that appear in the image below:
User IP Info.png

You can see the IP Adress of the user at the time of registration, and you can also reset the IP Restrictions on that user, which is the recommended way to handle this, instead of removing the restrictions altogether.

Hope this helps. :)
Now officially accepting Professional s2Member installations along with Bruce C (a.k.a. Ace).

If you're interested in a Professional s2Member Installation, or a Custom Coding Job, you can send your request here.
Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Return to s2Member Plugin