PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Custom registration field-No duplicates

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Custom registration field-No duplicates

Postby woodward82 » January 25th, 2012, 1:02 am

Well after almost a week of trying to figure out how to make a member log-in site with payment gateway I ran across this plugin. And to say the least im very excited as for the most part it covers all of my basics but there are a few things that i am looking for to make sure this is exactly what i need. I love what the pro version offers do to the paypal pro forms but dont want to upgrade until i know everything will work out right.

There are two main things that i need to accomplish here. And another option but im not sure if thats relevant to this plugin or actual wordpress

1 - I need to add a custom registration field that can be filled in by a person (varchar) but once someone registers a unique name I dont want it to be duplicated by another person. ie; Say the custom field is (nickname) and someone registers jon doe. I dont want anyone else to be able to register that nickname. But again this is not there username its an addon field. This is a must for me due to the nature of the site im wanting to create.

2 - Now further complicating this I want the above field registered to a state. ie member x can registers the nickname jon doe in NY and another member could register the same nickname in Florida but no two members in the same state could register the same nickname . This is not a requirement for me as is the above option but would be very much appreciated.

3 - How would i pull a members information from the database to be visible on a wp - page. Something like a members page but also displaying the custom field for nicknames

Thank you in advance
woodward82

Re: Custom registration field-No duplicates

Postby woodward82 » January 25th, 2012, 6:43 pm

Anyone have a solution to any of these problems
woodward82

Re: Custom registration field-No duplicates

Postby Cristián Lávaque » January 25th, 2012, 9:51 pm

1 and 2 are not a feature avaialble in s2Member. Here you can see what things you can configure for a custom field: WP Admin -> s2Member -> General Options -> Registration/Profile -> Custom Field

I'm not sure if there's a plugin that lets you do that. You'll probably need to get a developer to help you achieve that.

3 is possible. Read the documentation here: WP Admin -> s2Member -> API / Scripting -> s2Member PHP/API Constants. You don't need the Pro add-on for this.

I hope that helps. :)
Cristián Lávaque http://s2member.net
Is s2Member working for you? Please rate it Image at WordPress.org. Thanks! :)
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin