PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Restoring S2 from BKP has left the dash unuseable

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Restoring S2 from BKP has left the dash unuseable

Postby bitofgrace » January 25th, 2012, 11:19 am

It's been hell week here, and a developer wiped our MySQL database then did a restore 2x.
The first time seemed ok - though it lost all details in all areas of S2. But the second time he did it the result is a run-on of tabs in the S2 area.

Its like it has lost all styling and toggle features. This is ok in some areas because i can fill in info and save..
But things like auto generating an encryption key, or creating custom fields to match what were there before restore.. are just dead.

I've tried deactivating, removing entirely with deleting files.. then re-installing but the mess persists.
I've tried re-uploading old plugin files - and still persists.

How can i give S2 a kick in the pants so that it can be controlled as was intended?
: /

I can't allow new member registrations until the custom fields work - so i'm in a super tight spot yet again this week.
bitofgrace

Re: Restoring S2 from BKP has left the dash unuseable

Postby bitofgrace » January 25th, 2012, 3:49 pm

I've reinstalled from original files - turned off all other plugins, and still no jquery functions are working on the control pages. Please please let there be some solution for this. : /
bitofgrace

Postby Cristián Lávaque » January 26th, 2012, 5:31 am

I'm very sorry you're going through that...

When you say he restored, was he using a good backup? It should have been fine, with the site going back to normal if so.

When you re-install s2Member, are you trying to wipe all its setting to configure it from scratch? For that you'll need to disable the deactivation safeguards, but this would also lose you the s2Member data in the user profiles, like the EOT time and PayPal subscription ID...

I'm not sure I understand what problem s2Member is giving you. Could you explain some more? Screenshots would be helpful too.
Cristián Lávaque http://s2member.net
Is s2Member working for you? Please rate it Image at WordPress.org. Thanks! :)
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Postby bitofgrace » January 26th, 2012, 10:30 am

With the safeguards in place - (because their are a already successful sales via paypal with recurring) the SQL guy removed the database- upgraded MySQL then imported the data again.

What resulted was a break in the jQuery functions of the page - and since some areas like custom fields and key generator are automated with popup windows and jquery - they were not working.

The page itself had no section bubbles or click to view styling at all - no matter how many ways i re-installed the plugin.

The SQL resolved the problem late last night- he says he re-pathed the jquery calls. ?
I'm glad its fixed - but im baffled... the domain never changed- the names of the databases never changed.

He did say he blocked off phpMyAdmin - stating that it was not very secure way of administrating mysql. Could this be at fault for the result?

I'm currently no longer able to get the S2 badge to show up at all on the site. : /
-grace
bitofgrace

Return to s2Member Plugin