PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

paypal button error

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

paypal button error

Postby lunie380 » January 27th, 2012, 1:05 pm

i am trying to paste the HTML code for the paypal button into my page. but once i click the button i get this error message....

Invalid Regular period. You must specify valid values for the A3, P3, and T3 parameters for a subscription.

how can i fix??
lunie380

Re: paypal button error

Postby Eduan » January 27th, 2012, 1:09 pm

Are you generating the buttons over at PayPal? Or is it in s2Member?

If it's in PayPal you need to follow Jason's instructions so the buttons are integrated with s2Member correctly. Check this post on how to do it correctly:
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=309#p1333

Hope this helps. :)
Now officially accepting Professional s2Member installations along with Bruce C (a.k.a. Ace).

If you're interested in a Professional s2Member Installation, or a Custom Coding Job, you can send your request here.
Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby lunie380 » January 27th, 2012, 1:16 pm

i made the button inside of the s2 dashboard. it generated the button, i clicked it and it worked fine. but when i copied the HTML code and posted it in the page, i clicked it and i got the above error.
lunie380

Postby Eduan » January 27th, 2012, 1:59 pm

Could you please try to use the shortcode and see if it works?

The shortcode is the recommended version of the button, since it can also be used in the visual editor of WordPress. And the HTML version is not encrypted, so any user who knows good web developing can modify the button if he knows how to, and so, you risk a sale.

Is there any reason you don't want to use the shortcode?
Now officially accepting Professional s2Member installations along with Bruce C (a.k.a. Ace).

If you're interested in a Professional s2Member Installation, or a Custom Coding Job, you can send your request here.
Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby lunie380 » January 27th, 2012, 2:03 pm

i did use the shortcode, but once i saved it and clicked veiw page, nothing is there, no button shows up.
lunie380

Postby Eduan » January 27th, 2012, 2:12 pm

Could you try making a compatibility test with the other plugins and themes? It may be a parsing error because of another theme/plugin getting in the way.

Just disable each plugin one by one (without including s2Member) until the problem goes away. If you can't make the changes site-wide because you already have users or somethings like that, you can use the Plugin Organizer plugin if you want in order to only disable the plugin on the page with the problem.

Also could you please try changing the theme to the default one (TwentyEleven)? And see if it works after that. Again, if you can't disable the theme in a site-wide manner you can use the Page Theme plugin in order to change the theme to the default theme in a specific page.

You should try one at a time in order to make sure you find the correct problem.

Another fast way, is to deactivate all the plugins (not s2Member) and change back to the default theme (TwentyEleven), and then clear your browser's cache. See if the problem goes away, if it does, then activate each plugin one per one until the problem appears again, then the theme you were using, that should show up the criminal.

If you find the criminal, could you please tell me which plugin/theme was causing the problems? Thanks. You can now try the shortcode and see if it works.

Please tell me how it goes and I hope this helps. :)

If this does not make a difference please try installing the Exec-PHP plugin (sometimes the HTML version contains PHP) and also try removing all the comments (<!-- -->) in the HTML.

Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby lunie380 » January 27th, 2012, 2:34 pm

ok when i switched back the the twentyEleven theme the button from the short code appeared...so how can i get it to work with my theme? i am using this theme: http://themeforest.net/item/xo-responsi ... =edcousins

my website is TraxOnDeck.com
lunie380

Postby Eduan » January 27th, 2012, 3:18 pm

At this moment, the only thing you could do is either debug your theme's code so that it doesn't interfere with s2Member, mostly it's because of bad coding habits.

Or get another theme, since that one doesn't work.

For the first option, you will need to be experienced in WordPress and code in general, so a freelancer is ok if you don't know how to do it. Here's a thread that may interest you: viewforum.php?f=37

You could also check sites like elance.com in order to find a freelancer.

Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby JasonDavis » January 27th, 2012, 3:28 pm

Since this thread is active I would like to post, if this is okay.

So I set up my sales page at http://www.fanleads.com/get-leads

The buttons we're working great until about 30 minutes ago when they disappeared. Instead they display broken image links (chrome) and just missing in (FF).

I added the plugin "custom contact forms" and this may have caused the conflict. So I deactivated it and deleted it, deactivated all everything else and reactivated s2member.

The buttons are still missing and the links are still there, click the broken image link and you now receive a bad header request error by paypal (header file size exceeds ,,,)

Also I notice every page in s2member has a save button except the PayPal buttons page. Every time I make a button it will work but if I revisit the page the codes are gone - all settings are back to default and my buttons revert to $0.01

Everything else in s2member saves and stores, every other element of my installation and theme work great to - just the paypal buttons page seems to be broken.

Please advise
JasonDavis

Postby JasonDavis » January 27th, 2012, 3:31 pm

Here's the error code in full

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.
Cookie: Apache=10.190.8.155.1297509370984904; KHcl0EuY7AKSMgfvHl7J5E7hPtK=qDN3NA0iguEUGKFiRKtvFyLx_ECTzIPWoTXXPJecKc53EGT-Utv2YKzyNY_sDsreoF2x0ymc3EYowLVy; cookie_check=yes; upct=44; AB=checkout%3DNo
JasonDavis

Postby JasonDavis » January 27th, 2012, 3:39 pm

Thought I should mention, upon button creation the Paypal button image will not appear in the dashboard either. Broken on the back end and front end - really weird.
JasonDavis

Postby JasonDavis » January 27th, 2012, 5:14 pm

I figured it out. It was a cookie error with Chrome and PP. I found all P cookies and deleted them. That fixed the problem.
JasonDavis

Return to s2Member Plugin