PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

s2M and Mailing lists

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

s2M and Mailing lists

Postby cassel » January 31st, 2012, 6:16 am

I have everything set up with my mailing list (Mail Chimp) so that any new customer will be added to the list. Now, i read that it is not legal to automatically add a customer to a mailing list without the customer specifically agreeing to it. In my zencart installation, the user has to check if they want to be subscribed to the newsletter or not. Now i am a bit puzzled as to whether adding the customer's information to my ML "just because they made a purchase" is an ok practice. Furthermore, if the customer unsubscribes from the ML, will it affect their membership to the site (through s2M)? If so, again i am wondering if we are doing things in a correct way.

Am i looking at this incorrectly?
cassel
Experienced User
Experienced User

Re: s2M and Mailing lists

Postby Raam Dev » January 31st, 2012, 6:06 pm

Hi Cassel,

It's considered bad practice to subscribe someone to a list without explicitly mentioning that they will be subscribed, so subscribing them just because they made a purchase isn't a good idea. I recommend a checkbox that gives the buyer the option to receive updates and only subscribe them if that box is checked.

If someone unsubscribes from your mailing list, it doesn't affect the s2Member side at all. While there is s2Member -> MailChimp integration, there is no MailChimp -> s2Member integration.
Raam Dev || Wherever you are, be there. || Please rate s2Member!
Raam Dev
Developer
Developer

Postby cassel » January 31st, 2012, 8:53 pm

That is what i thought. So where is that check box? I have not seen anything like that in the s2M configuration.
cassel
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby Eduan » January 31st, 2012, 9:06 pm

Hi cassel.
Please check under WP Admin -> s2Member -> API / List Servers -> Registration / Double Opt-In Box?

I believe that's what you're looking for.

Hope this helps. :)
Now officially accepting Professional s2Member installations along with Bruce C (a.k.a. Ace).

If you're interested in a Professional s2Member Installation, or a Custom Coding Job, you can send your request here.
Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby cassel » January 31st, 2012, 9:15 pm

I see the double registration opt-in for ... registration, but does that also apply for purchases made from customers who were not previously registered?
cassel
Experienced User
Experienced User

Return to s2Member Plugin