PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

PayPal payment received but member not added {twice}

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

PayPal payment received but member not added {twice}

Postby hollybret » January 31st, 2012, 10:35 pm

I went live last week and the s2Member registration process has been working great {fantastic plug-in!}. However, randomly, one member yesterday and one member today paid to register but are not showing up as new members. I became aware of the issue because I received an email from PayPal that the payment had been received but did not receive the typical WordPress email stating that there is a new user on the site. When I looked at the users, these 2 members do not appear. I have had members successfully register before and after these incidents. For one of the members, I know that she had tried to enroll but had issues with PayPal not letting her charge a particular credit card and then emailed me about it. I told her a few things she might try and then I received her payment a few hours later. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, since I also received a similar member for another member who paid and was registered on WordPress without a problem.

After reading through the forum, I tried to go to my s2Member log files but unfortunately logging had not been enabled before now, so the folder is empty.

These particular members' details are as follows:
1. PayPal payment received for Level 2 on 1/30 at 11:40 a.m.
2. PayPal payment received for Level 2 on 1/31 at 1:09 p.m.

Please advise as soon as possible, since the course is set to start on Thursday morning and I need these members to have access to the membership site!

Thank you,

Holly
hollybret

Re: PayPal payment received but member not added {twice}

Postby Raam Dev » February 2nd, 2012, 4:52 pm

Hi Holly,

Are you using Pro-Forms for the registration process? Or does the user receive an email with a link where they can go register? If they receive an email, then it's possible they didn't click on that link to register.

Unfortunately there's not a whole lot we can diagnose without the log files. The log files show exactly what happened, so we can use that to trace the various actions and figure out where the problem occurred.

If/when this happens again, please post all the relevant log entries for that user (it's best to search the logs by Subscription/Transaction ID to find all related log entries). Be sure to X-out any private information before posting the logs.
Raam Dev || Wherever you are, be there. || Please rate s2Member!
Raam Dev
Developer
Developer

Postby hollybret » February 2nd, 2012, 5:27 pm

Thanks very much for getting back to me. I've now turned on logging so that those files are there. It did happen twice more yesterday and I figured out that the members were just not clicking the link to complete the registration process. Sad but true ~ following easy instructions is becoming more rare these days!

I was able to generate new links and hand-walk these members through the enrollment process.

I appreciate your help.
hollybret

Postby Raam Dev » February 3rd, 2012, 11:51 am

You're most welcome.

If you find this is happening a lot, I recommend upgrading to s2Member Pro and using a Pro-Forms registration form. That way, your members will create their account before they make their payment.
Raam Dev || Wherever you are, be there. || Please rate s2Member!
Raam Dev
Developer
Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin