PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Performance issues

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Performance issues

Postby GDLTD » February 1st, 2012, 4:34 pm

I had noticed my site was a bit sluggish but only recently started investigating. I noticed this on my main site currently running WP 3.3.1. I did some testing on it and then tried my test install to see if it has the same issues. It does.

Using the webkit timeline, I see that s2member-o.php takes up a lot of time. (Nearly 1 second.)

I also use the P3 Plugin Profiler to test, and on the test site with all other plugins disabled, S2 member accounts for 98% of the site's load time. The webkit timeline shows about the same. This is with all other plugins disabled.

I have WP Super Cache installed on the main site, but it doesn't seem to help.

Any suggestions for speeding up S2 member?

Thanks
GDLTD

Re: Performance issues

Postby bigonroad » February 2nd, 2012, 6:45 am

Having this exact same problem.

Any ideas?
bigonroad

Postby Raam Dev » February 2nd, 2012, 6:47 pm

I will escalate this to the lead developer to see if he can shed some light. In the meantime, this information may be helpful: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14359&p=32934#p33441

Also note that a big update to s2Member is scheduled for release sometime towards the end of March, which may include optimizations that will help increase loading times.
Raam Dev || Wherever you are, be there. || Please rate s2Member!
Raam Dev
Developer
Developer

Postby Raam Dev » February 3rd, 2012, 12:37 pm

A few more recommendations:

If you're not using the QuickCache plugin, I recommend trying that over other caching plugins to see if you get better performance.

Also, you can use the Plugin Organizer plugin to disable s2Member selectively on the pages where s2Member's features (access restriction, constants, conditionals) are not used.

Finally, I confirmed that performance is definitely something we intend to improve in the next major release of s2Member.
Raam Dev || Wherever you are, be there. || Please rate s2Member!
Raam Dev
Developer
Developer

Postby GDLTD » February 4th, 2012, 1:57 pm

Raam Dev wrote:I will escalate this to the lead developer to see if he can shed some light. In the meantime, this information may be helpful: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14359&p=32934#p33441

"if your WordPress installation has MANY plugins, or is otherwise slow for one reason or another, it can appear that s2Member itself is lagging"

As I mentioned above, in this case I ran a test on my test site which had two plugins enabled: s2Member and P3 Plugin Profiler.

I'll try some of the other tips, thanks.
GDLTD

Return to s2Member Plugin