PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Members Login Page

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Members Login Page

Postby Adrian » February 2nd, 2012, 8:54 am

Hi All,

Thanks for your help in advance.

I am having a log in issue where on my members login page you input your details however you are not redirected to the correct location which is the members area.

I am running
- wordpress v3.3.1
- optimize press v1.45
- s2Member v111220

I am also testing on Firefox with Firebug, I have also watched the video on how to normally get around this issue by removing the hidden redirect that is located in the code.

However I do not see a line in the code for redirect when I hover over using Firebug.

I am currently building a few membership sites and having the same issue on all.

Any thoughts and fixes are always greatfully appreciated.

Thank you again,

Adrian
Adrian

Re: Members Login Page

Postby Raam Dev » February 2nd, 2012, 6:58 pm

Hi Adrian,

Can you be more specific with what you've tried?

Which login page are you referring to? The default WordPress login page? In the Login Welcome Page section of s2Member (WP Admin -> s2Member -> General Options -> Login Welcome Page), are you using a Special Redirection URL at the bottom instead of selecting a page? If so, what URL are you using?
Raam Dev || Wherever you are, be there. || Please rate s2Member!
Raam Dev
Developer
Developer

Postby Adrian » February 3rd, 2012, 1:38 am

Hi Raam,

Yes it is the Login Welcome Page section of s2Member (WP Admin -> s2Member -> General Options -> Login Welcome Page).

The redirection is to a page called members-area, and not a special redirection URL. I have tried a number of different pages that I have created, without success.

This is where I seem to be having my issue. Login details are entered and the user (me) is not redirected to the members-page. I have noticed that I do appear to be logged in though. So the log in process is working just the redirection I am struggling with.

As mentioned above I am using Firebug and have watched previous videos on the known wordpress issue with hidden redirect. However this is not showing the hidden code. I have uploaded a screenshot.

Hope this helps.

Adrian
Attachments
loginerror.png
Adrian

Postby Eduan » February 3rd, 2012, 9:59 am

What I recommend to find that redirect_to, is right click the page with the problems; click, "View Page Source" or something along those lines; click Ctrl + F; then type in (without quotes) "redirect_to". That should show the redirect_to if it's on the page.

You see, the redirect_to is not always on the button, it can be on the fields, besides the button. etc.

Hope this helps. :)
Now officially accepting Professional s2Member installations along with Bruce C (a.k.a. Ace).

If you're interested in a Professional s2Member Installation, or a Custom Coding Job, you can send your request here.
Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby Adrian » February 3rd, 2012, 11:53 am

Awesome.

I did wonder, it was sat below "remember me". I hadn't realised that was for the log in button.

You ROCK! :D
Adrian

Postby Eduan » February 3rd, 2012, 11:55 am

:D
Glad I was able to help- ;)
Now officially accepting Professional s2Member installations along with Bruce C (a.k.a. Ace).

If you're interested in a Professional s2Member Installation, or a Custom Coding Job, you can send your request here.
Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Return to s2Member Plugin