PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

protect blog with different static homepage

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

protect blog with different static homepage

Postby steveF » May 31st, 2010, 9:28 pm

I've set a static page as my homepage and the blog as another page on the site. I want to make the blog members only. When I test it, I am able to access the blog "page" without logging in. When tested on other pages (non-blog) it protects them just fine. Suggestions?
steveF
Guest User
Guest User

Re: protect blog with different static homepage

Postby rightrock » June 1st, 2010, 11:43 am

*Bump*

Having the same issue, any suggestions?

I used to have a post as the home page and all worked fine, all pages that I wanted secured were. I then changed that the main home page was a static page instead of a post. I made the post page the main page after member login.

A non memeber can click that member "news" page link and see the post. If they click the post link it then tells them they don't have access but they can still see that initial post. I have all selected for post restriction as any posts will be for member only pages.

http://www.smithstone.org/main

Click the News link on the right under HOA Member Pages.

Thanks,

Joe
rightrock
Guest User
Guest User

Postby Elizabeth » June 2nd, 2010, 3:28 am

steveF wrote:I've set a static page as my homepage and the blog as another page on the site. I want to make the blog members only. When I test it, I am able to access the blog "page" without logging in. When tested on other pages (non-blog) it protects them just fine. Suggestions?

Hi,
s2Member considers your HomePage as a Systematic Use Page, and does not include it in any restrictions except for URI Level Access.
In your case, you need to set URI level protection, to protect access to your entire blog.
From your Dashboard -> s2Member -> General Options -> URI Access Restrictions
Elizabeth

Postby steveF » June 3rd, 2010, 6:40 pm

Thanks Elizabeth. I'll give it a try.
steveF
Guest User
Guest User

Return to s2Member Plugin